Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:13:31 PM EDT
I have a whirpool cabrio dryer and the door latch is broken, there is another clip/latch thing on the other end of the door that doesnt latch to anything so i'm thinking maybe they know its a POS and gave me a spare well it seems it is impossible to remove it without it breaking. The little tabs that hold the thing in there were bent to far and squeezing the clip to pull it out doesnt work but breaking it does. Does anybody know if these are the same as Sears dryers and would they stock the clips? I now know that i will have to pry the door apart in the future to fix this because for some reason they felt screws were not enough to hold the door together. Any other tips on this dryer? Kill it with fire?

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It would need to be removed from the inside. The reason it is there is the door is reversable. You can take it off and reverse the it to swing in the other direction.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The spare is there so it's easy to reverse the door.

Is this under warranty?  If so call a repairman.

PS, quit slamming the door shut
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
order new one from partsselect.com
They offer fast delivery.  I have ordered parts to fix my dishwasher and my refridgerator's ice maker.  Parts ususlly arrived within 3 working days.  Thay also have helpful hints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top