Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2001 9:30:24 PM EDT
Just curious
Yes,WE have an FFL
I will check each and every serial number through NICS and a Fedral acquaintance of mine.
Also runs each seller through for felony warrants.
If this is wrong,illegal,immoral let me know and I will quit.
cpermd
I like to be with my wife and not with a bubba.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I never said that you were in question.  All I asked for was the this dispute be settled offline.  Sorry if you thought I doubted you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What if Bubba looks good in a dress?
[:D]

My advice to you, don't broadcast what you do to everyone here. Why?..Because there's always going to be someone that disagrees with you. Kiss and make up with the surplus guy and admit your comment was not needed in the e-mail. I'm with you for the most part on the checking, maybe not as extreme but understand why you do it. I would keep it to myself. You might end up getting your "friend" in hot water for abusing his privileges.
Just my .02 worth...

John
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh
What did I broadcast?
My friend is a US Marshall and can do a whole lot of stuff.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Uh
What did I broadcast?
cpermd
View Quote

I can see where this conversation is going....

I have an e-mail address..just click on that little icon and I'll explain it to you...

This thread is dead....at least for me...
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
cpermd,  If I've answered your questions I'll close this out if you agree.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Well your US Marshal friend will get his tits in a wringer when someone finds out that he is using government resources to help out a buddy. Background checks are to be done for valid reasons. Not to help some buddy sleep in peace that he has not bought a firearm from a prohibited person.

FFLs are not required to do anything to buy a firearm.

Pawbrokers are different as they must hold items a certain number of days untill it can be compared against the local PDs current hot sheet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uh
What did I broadcast?
My friend is a US Marshall and can do a whole lot of stuff.
cpermd
View Quote

That's bullshit.  I hope your buddy gets caught and fired.  If he works for the Federal Government as you claim, he is bound by law not to do crap like that.  If he is you buddy, quite posting cap like this if you want him to keep his job.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a good idea. I have friends in HIGH places and would NEVER ask them to do something illegal or hush hush just not a good idea. Keep it off the WORLD WIDE WEB.For you and your friend. Big brother IS watching.Just my .02 I would also delete this thread.[:|]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, deleting this thread and other related posts would likely be a very good idea.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
It is not illegal to ask for a background check and to run a serial number.
Any PD will do it.
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is not illegal to ask for a background check and to run a serial number.
Any PD will do it.
cpermd
View Quote
I would not bet on that Just ask your self what happens if it comes back and the guy is WANTED on warrants or something else I do believe it is the responsibility of the searcher to act I may be wrong but then what.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Folks, this is going nowhere. Let's close it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top