Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:01:55 PM EDT
OR fear getting married?.....ONLY BUY HER A RING! I'm sure this differs in many states. However when you take on another debt=(woman)+ any baggage. You just pony up and give her a 5k ring and SAY NO to a second marriage! 2 of my close pals have done so, in this state theres no ""well I lived with him for 12 yrs I should be entitled to live in the style i'm accoustomed to @ his expense".....FWIW....Flame suit ON!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Divorced? Here's a solution...

Don't make the same fucking mistake twice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does everyone post a WTF? after I post getting home from the bar?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting and thought provoking.............................
I have no fricken clue WTF your talking about
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Divorced? Here's a solution...

Don't make the same fucking mistake twice.

YOU KNOW IT MY FRIEND!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he's talking about not tying the knot officially...

Some states have common law marriage on the books, so I think you'd be fucked anyways after a number of years..

Someone tell me If I am right on this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Some states have common law marriage on the books, so I think you'd be fucked anyways after a number of years..

you're right on that.

The only reason to get married is if you're going to have kids. Otherwise you're just inviting 'the man' into your life for no reason.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No kids...

Rent to own

Kids...

Be prepared to die for it.

GM
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're right on that.

The only reason to get married is if you're going to have kids. Otherwise you're just inviting 'the man' into your life for no reason.

I know no one today that is not lying about being HAPPILY married for more than 10 years --> IN EITHER GENDER! I hear women talk about being 'duty' bound to their husbands, yet proclaiming their "glad its over" after he dies and vise versa.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
with kids = step in and start paying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#12]
WTF
WTF
WTF

ahhh...John has a long mustache?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're right on that.

I know no one today that is not lying about being HAPPILY married for more than 10 years --> IN EITHER GENDER! I hear women talk about being 'duty' bound to their husbands, yet proclaiming their "glad its over" after he dies and vise versa.

Wow! How positive a statement is that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
You will pay under common law down here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top