Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 11:48:06 PM EDT
Any Diablo II players here? I just got them game and am looking to get into some online play. I havent done any yet so I can pick whatever server people here are on.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't played Diablo 2 in a while, and I have never played it online either; I am not sure if a 56k could handle it(?)

have you finished the single player campaign yet?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
No im on the second quest with the Amazon
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No im on the second quest with the [red]Amazon[.red]
View Quote

[:P]...too bad the sorceress is better.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I set up an account on battle net.

Username: ARndog

Let me know if you want to try playing online--I am not sure how fast it will be with a 56k but IIRC Starcraft worked pretty decent.

IM incoming.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
i play im trying to complete it with every char. did you get the expsion pack also? if so i can start a game and give you some cash and some stuff and give you the way points. just let me know it will have to be when i get off work. Ronald
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want to play online, go ahead and get the expansion, and download the 1.10 patch, which, if it isn't released yet, will be very soon.

Just warning you, Diablo II's part of Battle.net is packed with idiots who either spend 14 hours a day mindlessly powerlevelling their characters or who spend their spare time finding ways to cheat and duplicate the most powerful items. The rampant cheating combined with the fact that I only have 56k AOL means that I haven't gotten much enjoyment from online play. Without a relatively high-speed connection, you will attack an enemy, and they won't get "hit" until 1-5 seconds later. Extremely irritating.

I found it fun to play through once on single player (Sorceress, mostly Thunderstorm and Firewall, difficult in the beginning but a juggernaut once you get to level 35+ with some decent equipment,) but I'd advise thinking twice before sinking the time and possible extra money (Expansion) on this game.

EDITED TO ADD: Playing Amazon? Stock up on the critical-causing passive, as well as the defensive passives. Offensively, look to multi-shot for crowd control and the excellent Guided Arrow for single, powerful creatures. Prepare to do a lot of hit-and-run fighting, especially in Nightmare and Hell.

Tons of info on the game (as well as nearly every game ever made for just about any system) here: gamefaqs.com

Strangely, they seem to be down right now. First time I've seen that happen in about 2 years.

Feel free to send me an IM if you're having trouble.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
You can make a private game on Battle net right?

If you guys are going to play sometime tonight could you post the name and password for the game?

I think it could be fun to play diablo online, but I still am not sure about the speed.

btw, CerebralAssassin, did you get my IM?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top