Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2001 4:34:02 PM EDT
I am setting up a political debate forum. What I am looking for is ideas for a domain name, right now Im thinking www.talk-politics.com but I dont like that all that much. Its okay but there has to be something better. Give me some ideas and if someone comes up with a great domain name they get a forum named after them under any topic they like along with full moderator rights to that forum. The disclaimer is "duh" general firearms belongs to me and no you cant sue me if I start making money off of my site. www.register.com is a site you can use to check and see if a domain is already taken.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Polititalk.com ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
www.politic-one-on-one.com ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
www.duhbait.com
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me get this straight. I was browsing AR15.com before most of the current members were even online, my best guess is I found this site in late 97. I am throwing down 660$ on a SECOND LEGP cause they werent selling. All that just to have the owner of this site speak to me like a dog. Ed you were kidding right??? I wasnt about to try to compete with AR15.com, I have just never found a rounded out political debate forum  and decided to start one myself. Was I out of line??
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight. I was browsing AR15.com before most of the current members were even online, my best guess is I found this site in late 97. I am throwing down 660$ on a SECOND LEGP cause they werent selling. All that just to have the owner of this site speak to me like a dog. Ed you were kidding right??? I wasnt about to try to compete with AR15.com, I have just never found a rounded out political debate forum  and decided to start one myself. Was I out of line??
View Quote

I didnt see anything wrong with his reply
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Easy now, It appears that he gave appropriate responses to your question.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
www.Poli-ticking.com
or
www.Poli-talking.com
or
www.Tellmewhatyouthinkofgovernmentandiwilltellyouwhatithink.com
View Quote

That came off as kind of as rather sarcastic and condescending. I apologize if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoa, I thought Ed's suggestions were pretty good.

Maybe not.

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought his first two suggestions were good and I thought the last one was hilarious! Probably just a little humor, thats all. I would bet a dollar that that 3rd name isn't taken though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]
OK as always ya'll are right and I was wrong. Just call it a case off a 80 hr work week and not enough coffee. I'm a bit stressed and on the tight rope. It's cool though, Ya'll will laugh but I just registered www.politalking.com.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]
How about:
Debate me if you can

You think your opinion matters

I don't care what you think, but tell me anyway.

Politics Shmalitics

Our constitution protects our right to free speech, except yours! Ha ha ha. No just kidding, let me know what you think.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK as always ya'll are right and I was wrong. Just call it a case off a 80 hr work week and not enough coffee. I'm a bit stressed and on the tight rope. It's cool though, Ya'll will laugh but I just registered www.politalking.com.
View Quote
That's fine but what in the world did coffee withdrawal make you hallucinate?LOL
..........and are you trying to renege on giving me a moderating position and naming a forum after me by removing the"-" from Poli-talking? [;)] Woof,wooof,wooooooooffff!
View Quote

I sent a formal "Im a dumbass and apologize please forgive me" email to you but I got a "returned mail user unknown error" I sure hate it when that happens. Your right though the new forum belongs to you and 03Shooter. I have to come up with a name though. I have to admit that politalking.com is a damn good domain name. Hell thats why I laid down the bucks to register it. Again I apologize, I'm not operating on all 8 cylinders, but Ill be fine come tomorrow. Note to board: feel free to kick my ass!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top