Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 8:39:36 PM EDT
I cannot stand these hedsets the county has provided for me. Any of you guys know of a website where I can get another style of headset?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
guess theres no dispatchers or former dispatchers up in this joint
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Our county uses some nice wireless models, but be prepared to toss back some serious $$$$$

Do NOT wear it into the bathroom!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a dispatcher, but I do use headsets on my office & cell phones exclusively.

Take a look at Hello Direct for some ideas of headsets. They aren't cheap, but they carry quality products and are most helpful if you call them for help in making choices that suit your needs.
www.hellodirect.com/catalog/templates/HD-Foyer.jhtml?CATID=2002

Plantronics also makes a lot of good quality, moderately priced headsets. Places like OfficeMax, Staples, Office Depot, etc. sell them.
www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/index_noflash.jhtml
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:13:17 AM EDT
[#4]
At the last dispatch center I worked in we all had two or three different headsets, but none were conducive to the way we worked and mostly sat in drawers to collect dust 98% of the time.  Wish I could be of more help
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I just want to give you props...You guys are the shit...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
At the last dispatch center I worked in we all had two or three different headsets, but none were conducive to the way we worked and mostly sat in drawers to collect dust 98% of the time.  Wish I could be of more help

thats ok, i may have found a solution.  our radio head sets have two plugins instead of the normal one.  well my headset for aviation have two also, and there alot better, i may try to see if they work.  thanks for all your help!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

aparently DPS doesnt think so.  they gave me the ole ticket
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doing 90 on the freeway will usually do that to you!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Headsets? I don't use no freakin headset. It's all in the shoulder.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
 Just thought I'd check in since I'm a dispatcher......... but I don't know where to get any decent headsets.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doing 90 on the freeway will usually do that to you!

shhhhhh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top