Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page
11/27/2025 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:

I'm no police apologizer but bitch please... What aggressive moves? He told the guy to drop the trash, put away his phone and that he was being detained. No matter what the backstory is, nothing in that video justifies that idiot swinging on the cop.

Hope he enjoys his time in jail and felony conviction.
View Quote


I haven't had it happen in years like what was in the video but at my former cop job. The judge would dismiss any resisting or assault charges that didn't result in an officer being admitted to a hospital for treatment.

Other LEO's here may have different experience's.
11/27/2025 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I can’t condone punching an officer (in this case) but that cop was clearly intending to go hands on with this guy from the get go. I see no probable cause for that at the start of that interaction. If you are just there to talk you don’t do what that cop did.  

My initial natural instinct might be to resist for those first couple seconds as a stranger unexpectedly and aggressively comes up on me to put hands on me.
11/27/2025 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Online court records indicate Morris has not been released from custody. His next court appearance will be a pre-trial, scheduled for December 17.

Earlier this year Morris was arrested by local police for violating a restraining order after he was found at a Newtown residence. Morris reportedly became uncooperative while an animal control officer (ACO) was investigating a dog bite, at which time the ACO requested backup.

In that February 24 incident, Newtown PD officers found Morris had an active restraining order prohibiting him from being at the residence. He was subsequently charged with violating a criminal restraining order and third-degree criminal trespass.

https://www.newtownbee.com/11262025/n-y-man-arrested-after-punching-newtown-police-officer/

11/27/2025 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:
I can’t condone punching an officer (in this case) but that cop was clearly intending to go hands on with this guy from the get go. I see no probable cause for that at the start of that interaction. If you are just there to talk you don’t do what that cop did.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
I can’t condone punching an officer (in this case) but that cop was clearly intending to go hands on with this guy from the get go. I see no probable cause for that at the start of that interaction. If you are just there to talk you don’t do what that cop did.  


Just because YOU don't see probable cause doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Not to mention, he doesn't need probable cause to detain, just reasonable suspicion.

Quoted:
My initial natural instinct might be to resist for those first couple seconds as a stranger unexpectedly and aggressively comes up on me to put hands on me.


The "stranger" in this instance is a uniformed police officer operating what I'm assuming is a marked police vehicle and very clearly and calmly communicating to you that you're being detained. This isn't a stranger in a hoodie walking up to you and grabbing you, as much as you'd like to compare the two.
11/27/2025 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
I can’t condone punching an officer (in this case) but that cop was clearly intending to go hands on with this guy from the get go. I see no probable cause for that at the start of that interaction. If you are just there to talk you don’t do what that cop did.  

My initial natural instinct might be to resist for those first couple seconds as a stranger unexpectedly and aggressively comes up on me to put hands on me.
View Quote

I think some of you guys are delusional. Pretending that a uniformed police officer in a marked cruiser is equivalent to "a stranger" is some bullshit logic. Even harder to make that assertion when the officer called the dude by name.
11/27/2025 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:

I think some of you guys are delusional. Pretending that a uniformed police officer in a marked cruiser is equivalent to "a stranger" is some bullshit logic. Even harder to make that assertion when the officer called the dude by name.
View Quote


It would appear that a large percentage of posters simply have a problem with authority figures and twist their "logic" accordingly.
11/27/2025 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m guessing that officer has been at that house, talking to that person, prior to that video.
11/27/2025 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:


It would appear that a large percentage of posters simply have a problem with authority figures and twist their "logic" accordingly.
View Quote

No sense in trying to reason with a cop hater.  Delusions can be extremely persistent.
11/27/2025 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:

No sense in trying to reason with a cop hater.  Delusions can be extremely persistent.
View Quote



ACAB all things, all the time!
11/27/2025 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:

Can you elaborate on the yard being different than the house? I was under the impression that the curtilage was still protected. I know The Civil Rights Lawyer points it out a lot in his videos.
View Quote


Correct, but this area likely is not curtilage.
11/27/2025 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:

So cop comes to his house and beats the shit out of him?

Charges in the video description are for swinging on the cop...  

No other charges.  

View Quote


That’s what I read
11/28/2025 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:


That’s what I wanted to read
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

So cop comes to his house and beats the shit out of him?

Charges in the video description are for swinging on the cop...  

No other charges.  



That’s what I wanted to read


Fixed it for you in bold and red.
11/28/2025 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but how about a little context?

Looks like slappy is taking his trash out and is accosted..I assume there is a pretext?
View Quote


The guy said something about, “she hit me in the kitchen” so I’m guessing a domestic violence investigation.
11/28/2025 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Look like two girls fighting??

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page