Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 5:05:13 PM EDT
I saw the coolest sign in someone's front door window last night. I said "We don't dial 911." and had a picture of a revolver pointed at you. It was awesome! I need one! It was near WPI too so odds are it is a student.

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you have a sign like that and you find yourself in a situation where some dumbass burgler can't read (or doesn't read English), then you had better remove it before the cops show up. A prosecutor would have a field day waving that sign in front of a jury.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I concur.  That sort of thing may be great fun but fun will be the LAST thing on your mind while you are being judged by 12.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Well yeah, I wouldn't actually post mine. It'd be something fun to have in the bedroom or living room just for S&G's though.

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like a fair enough warning to me...........i think a picture of a gun is a fairly universal language.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Try to get away with "I was in fear of my life and was forced to shoot him as last resort!" in front of 12 people looking at Evidence B, to wit, said sign. Can't you just hear the prosecution "He was looking forward to shoot _any_body!"?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well yeah, I wouldn't actually post mine. It'd be something fun to have in the bedroom or living room just for S&G's though.

Fly Navy
View Quote

Not ragging on you personally; just making a general statement/point... lurkers and others reading this thread might think that putting a sign like that on their front door would be cool.

You can get the sign here
[url]http://www.petsignsplus.com/osfunsigns/funorderpg.html[/url]

BTW, I just noticed you live in MA.
Unfortunately, so do I. From what I know of our illustrious AG, a person living here would undoubtedly be screwed to the max if a sign like that was on their door and they shot an intruder.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Slippery when wet.
Seems like a fair warning.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sounds like a fair enough warning to me...........i think a picture of a gun is a fairly universal language.
View Quote

Depends, it could also send out the message that there's something worth stealing inside. FWIW, I don't even have any NRA or RKBA stickers on my vehicle. If someone wants to find out if I have firearms at home, let them find out the hard way. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not ragging on you personally; just making a general statement/point... lurkers and others reading this thread might think that putting a sign like that on their front door would be cool.
View Quote

Oh, no, you definitely have a valid point. I didn't take it personal, I'm not a sally.

You can get the sign here [url]http://www.petsignsplus.com/osfunsigns/funorderpg.html[/url]
View Quote

That's exactly the sign, the red one.

BTW, I just noticed you live in MA.
Unfortunately, so do I. From what I know of our illustrious AG, a person living here would undoubtedly be screwed to the max if a sign like that was on their door and they shot an intruder.
View Quote

Yeah, MA sucks. Worcester is OK on guns, but still, I consider it hostile territory. Luckily I'm shipping out to Florida for flight school in July. I could definitely see our AG going ape on someone having that sign posted for public view.

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, if you have a sign like that and you find yourself in a situation where some dumbass burgler can't read (or doesn't read English), then you had better remove it before the cops show up. A prosecutor would have a field day waving that sign in front of a jury.
View Quote

You're probably right, unfortunately.  

I used to have a sign on my backyard fence that had a picture of a German Shepherd and caption below the pic read, "I can make it to the fence in 3 seconds...Can you?"

Had somebody ignored the sign and gotten bit by my Shep, that sign would have probably been used against me.
Oh well...that sign blew away during a windstorm, and I replaced it with a simple "Beware of Dog" sign.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Save to hard drive, and print away:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13187[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top