Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 4:26:00 AM EDT
Recognize this entry?

RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Got some shit on the computer here at work, trying to seek and destroy all the nasty bugs.  Google isn't helping me on the above.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
its your nvidia software has been disabled or corrupt... go to add remove programs uninstall your nvidia drivers.  then reinstall them from www.nvidia.com

let me know if it doesn't fix it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing wrong with that registry entry.  Perfectly normal w/ Nvidia's drivers. Look elsewhere for the problem.  

That being said, its always a good idea to keep the video drivers up to date. Reinstall them like Cruze5 said if you want.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Took the better part of 10 hours, but I think I got all of the virii removed.

Then had trouble opening our Access database.  Shortcut doesn't work.  Trying to open the file directly doesn't work.  Have to open Access, then open the database.

But at least it's working.  I'm going to break my foot off in the ass of the shithead who opened suspect email at work.  But you can't beat 15 hours of OT...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Recognize this entry?

RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Got some shit on the computer here at work, trying to seek and destroy all the nasty bugs.  Google isn't helping me on the above.

Burley, thats the nVidia video card driver control panel dll.
Its not a virus.

Link
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hope you're not the IT guy @ work. mmk

Pretty much, yes...all 3 computers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hope you're not the IT guy @ work. mmk

He is way to intelligent to be the IT peeps at my wife's job!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top