Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 5/22/2005 4:13:27 PM EST
My fan to my power supply stopped and now of course the system shuts down...
I'm not the most computer literate guy, but I took the fan out and found it's a dc brushless Delta Electronics #ASB0912M.
Where can I find a replacement for this?
I tried general searches and it didn't help...
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:17:13 PM EST
Unless you are a computer geek and you know exactly which supply to order, I would take your power supply down to the local computer shop and have them order you another one exactly the same. There are differences.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:20:50 PM EST
+1 i agree, what kind of computer is this anyways?

Originally Posted By Stormtrooper:
Unless you are a computer geek and you know exactly which supply to order, I would take your power supply down to the local computer shop and have them order you another one exactly the same. There are differences.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:24:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 4:25:24 PM EST by Cereal-Killer]
You can buy replacement fans of all sizes for Power supplies and cases at CompUSA, or search for computer fans online. You shouldn't need an exact replacment, just one that is the same size. If nothing is powering up, you power supply may by the problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:27:54 PM EST
The computer powers up but the fan below the power supply isnt working...its been on the fritz for a while. Now when you hear its not spinning, it seems as if the system just shuts itself off when it heats up?...
Taking it to compusa probably is a good idea...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:30:16 PM EST
DO NOT OPEN THE POWER SUPPLY... Just buy a new one. People that know what they are doing have been shocked pretty bad opening a computer PS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:33:07 PM EST
yeah, those capacitors hold a charge for quite some time.

Dont mess around and damage anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:37:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By BlackDog714:
DO NOT OPEN THE POWER SUPPLY... Just buy a new one. People that know what they are doing have been shocked pretty bad opening a computer PS.

and even those of us who don't know what we're doing have gotten electrical burns.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:06:44 PM EST

Doesn't the fan just bolt on to the power supply? It should just be 4 screws and a connector.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:20:51 PM EST
Don't mess with the internals of the PSU as they can store a charge for some time after being unplugged. Just order a replacement of the same output rating. Shouldn't be more than $50 for a regular one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:44:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cereal-Killer:

Doesn't the fan just bolt on to the power supply? It should just be 4 screws and a connector.

No. the fan power and ground wires are soldered to the power supply. you can resolder a new fan to it but its possible the powersupply is damaged from over heating. just get a new power supply. send me an im with your computer information and i'll help you find a new one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:46:00 PM EST
Mouser Electronics
Top Top