Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:21:10 PM EDT
Today I had a rare treat.  I attended a seminar entitled "Blackhawk Down:  Leadership Under Fire"  This was 8 hours with retired Colonel Danny McKnight, who commanded the Ranger battalion in Samolia.  

This was the most rivetting event I have ever attended.  I don't have enough room here to go over everything he covered so I'll be brief.  In the beginning he discussed why "leading from the front" is so important and guidelines to follow to ensure this occurs.  Then he went on to give examples from his career (before, during, and after Somolia).  

This man is a genuine hero and to me it was a chance to meet a living piece of history.  I had read Blackhawk Down years ago and was in awe of the capabilities of the men involved.  Let me say, he did not disappoint.  This was a truely inspiring event for me.  I highly recommend this seminar to any of you in our profession.  I have been on the job 14 years and this was the best "management" training I've attended.  This was not the usual polictially correct BS such as "Removing Youself from the Drama Triangle" or "Who Moved my Cheese."

Colonel McKnight is very approachable and will respond to any and all questions.  He is extremely well organized and a first rate public speaker.

If this seminar is offered to you, take advantage of it and count yourself lucky.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
McKnight commanded one of the battalions in my brigade in Hawaii when I was in the Army.  (This was immediately before he took command of the 3/75).  His reputation within the light infantry community--both before and after Somali--was... well... mixed.

That's probably all I should say.  If he gives good lectures... great.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah we dont get cool training and seminars like that up here
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Today I had a rare treat.  I attended a seminar entitled "Blackhawk Down:  Leadership Under Fire"  This was 8 hours with retired Colonel Danny McKnight, who commanded the Ranger battalion in Samolia.  

This was the most rivetting event I have ever attended.  I don't have enough room here to go over everything he covered so I'll be brief.  In the beginning he discussed why "leading from the front" is so important and guidelines to follow to ensure this occurs.  Then he went on to give examples from his career (before, during, and after Somolia).  

This man is a genuine hero and to me it was a chance to meet a living piece of history.  I had read Blackhawk Down years ago and was in awe of the capabilities of the men involved.  Let me say, he did not disappoint.  This was a truely inspiring event for me.  I highly recommend this seminar to any of you in our profession.  I have been on the job 14 years and this was the best "management" training I've attended.  This was not the usual polictially correct BS such as "Removing Youself from the Drama Triangle" or "Who Moved my Cheese."

Colonel McKnight is very approachable and will respond to any and all questions.  He is extremely well organized and a first rate public speaker.

If this seminar is offered to you, take advantage of it and count yourself lucky.

He will be here in two weeks. I will be there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard that lecture last summer- very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top