Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 4:15:22 PM EDT
Concerning realistic shooting sequences in a movie.  The scene where Vincent gets his "kit" back from the longhair and the skinhead in the alley...is the most realistic I’ve seen as of late.

Basically a textbook multi target engagement from concealment at arms length:

1.  Ascertain the threat and become proactive.
2.  Turn gun side away from threat.
3.  Sweep concealment garment
4.  Draw and engage closest threat with two shots from "retention" to prevent a weapons grab.
5.  Lock out to a freestyle position and engage threat two with failure drill.
6.  Re-engage threat one again.

Very nicely done...I wonder if Tommy boy is doing his own shooting (or does he have a stand in?)...that was pretty fast.  But in real life the threats would have most likely retreated after being shot...instead true to Hollywood...they just fell down.

Movie is worth seeing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard he did his own shooting.

I thought that scene was awesome. People in the theatre where ooohing and awwwing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I thought that scene was awesome. People in the theatre where ooohing and awwwing.

It was awesome! one of the best shooting scenes I think
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was awesome! one of the best shooting scenes I think

One of the armorer's was a guy named Gibson...maybe he's also the shooting stunts coordinator?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't hear any "ooooohing and ahhhhing", but right when that second guy hit the ground I said in a normal tone "Fucking awesome" and a couple of strangers turned around and looked at me with a smile on their face and nodding their head.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that scene gave me wood!

I also liked the sound quality on the shooting, it was loud and deafening like a real one would be, not some cheezy dubbed pistol pop from a 1970's movie.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved the movie but for the ending. To me if your jod contains pistol play wouldn't you be wearing protection?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I loved the movie but for the ending. To me if your jod contains pistol play wouldn't you be wearing protection?

Yep a super thin IIIa Zero G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top