Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/15/2022 10:04:37 AM EDT
I want to thank everyone that came to kick off this inaugural event.
I believe that we had a record number of newbs and I hope everyone can make it out next time.
Please thank all of the staff as this could have happened without them and especially all of the great sponsors. Big shout out to Geissele who continues to come up big for all of the events.

Speaking of staff. Stoner for helping with sponsors, xxprince for keeping the event running, fortydelta for doing an awesome job on the range all day and night, burrito for an awesome job in the kitchen and everyone else that helped. A lot of work goes into running these things and I could not have done it without them.

DON'T FORGET TO THANK OUR SPONSORS!!

Name                         Time   Class
0 JohnStoner               12:34
1 Binaryoperator          15:01 Combat
2 Rome07JK                15:13
3 Kaik                         16:42
4 superQ7                   17:34
5 FatGuy7814              20:06
6 JoeMal                     20:59
7 Damon23                 24:06:00
8 RickyBobby+1          30:02:00
9 fortydelta                 31:08:00
10 CaveDweller           32:54:00
11 7Point62                33:00:00
12 Searspring38          36:38:00
13 momsspaghetti       42:43:00
14 SlipSpace               43:24:00 Combat
15 Uniquesnd             43:48:00
16 MisplacedTexan      47:47:00
17 Mcooper                48:07:00
18 TeamDicky             51:09:00
19 Xxprince                51:49:00
20 AKEngineer            52:27:00
21 BlueFalcon             53:35:00
22 Bfraps                   54:23:00
23 Treine5m               58:47:00
24 Curahee                58:49:00 Combat
25 SomeSpeed-LotsofDrag 59:42:00 Combat
26 B-Raydon              62:21:00
27 TGE                      64:55:00
28 03screwlariat         65:07:00
29 SkidMarkasaurus    70:23:00 Night
30 NewGuySteve        73:55:00 Combat
31 River93                 75:14:00 Female
32 ComradeCousinEddie 82:31:00 Night
33 Elymae                 87:21:00 Female
34 Leinad59              87:35:00
35 HDLS                   89:14:00 combat
36 Jonp                   91:49:00
37 Snow318            106:14:00  Night
38 GreenGhost        120:44:00
39 DoRo87             144:38:00
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Big thanks to @03screwlariat for offering his place and time for this event.

Another huge thanks to @renegadeburrito for the gourmet food. This was probably the best food I've ever eaten at an event. So good.

And @xxPrince for keeping everything held together. This guy doesn't get stressed out at anything.

FEMA weather machine definitely made an appearance but was merciful on Saturday afternoon. And it was awesome to have so many first time runners that brought great attitudes and effort to their runs.

I hope everyone learns from their run what works and what doesn't on their own individual gear and training, and hope to see everyone again next year.

DON'T FORGET TO THANK OUR SPONSORS!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
3rd in Combat woohoo I can live with that
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Big thank you to all the people who helped put this on.  I had a great time.

03screwlariat for letting us come out and get muddy.  

Burrito for cooking all the food, it was great.  

Thank you to all the sponsors.  

This new Geissele MK14 looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to put it on a rifle.  

These little Arson machine cable guides should keep my cable safe.

And of course Malort. They didn't sponsor but were in my heart anyway. Their Burbon is pretty okay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Huge thanks to all the event staff for putting in all the behind the scenes work that keeps these events going!  A great time was had by all.

I also want to thank the sponsors for their incredible generosity!  The prize tables at CW events amaze me every time.

And a personal shoutout to @nvgeologist for the High Shill prize… I can’t wait to start slinging some rounds at this awesome pop quiz target!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#7]
When the new guy meets @kaik for the first time
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm helping. He said he wanted a cut off shirt.  I didn't get to finish until later.

There were a bunch of new guys. Much good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Great event, big thanks to 03screwlariat for hosting. All the sponsors too, I can't ever believe how much awesome stuff is on the prize table.

Next up all the staff, binary, fortydelta, uniquesnd, xxprince. Out in the heat and mud keeping everybody going, thanks guys. Seemed to run very smoothly to me. I know I was up and running within 5 minutes of arrival anyway. And sorry if I missed a screen name in here.

The food was so good, huge thank you to RenegadeBurrito. Those tacos... Damn. So good. I saw a couple more guys pitching in on cooking, Reload, fatguy and teamdicky at least, I believe. Maybe more. I appreciate yall. And I'm not forgetting BajaGringo for the amazing tortillas!

Lastly thanks to everyone who tried to help me not fail my first 2L attempt. Your efforts are noted and appreciated
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome time, had a blast!! Big thanks to the host and other staff!!  These things don’t just happen, some of it was actually work. Great meeting so many first timers, seemed like most enjoyed themselves and learned a few things. Constantly impressed with the quality of people our antics attract. As usual our sponsors are incredible and G especially is amazing!!! I already can’t wait until next year..hint for course change..all the balls. Will try to post more later, currently heading to my gate at the airport for some much needed rest.
Attachment Attached File

Headed here.
Attachment Attached File

ETA: it’s not to early since I haven’t been to sleep in 32 hours so it’s really extremely late!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Well that was fun.

Huge thanks to everyone who put in the work.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m hooked. Big ups to 03screwlariat, Stoner, and all the other staff. Props to my homie and Stoners Twinkie, Damon_23, for goading me into doing a Cola. I need to  wake up again to the sounds of the blood of my enemies and the lamentations of their women soon!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone else pacing around the house, half unpacking and half lollygagging, wishing you could hit a reset button and be back at Cola Warrior?  

I had a great time at this event. The weather gave us a little bit of everything.  Surprisingly the bugs weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  

HUGE thanks to 03screw for letting a bunch of strangers from the internet sweat and puke all over your property.  The layout of the course was good and the sloping hills made for a good longest-half-mile-ever run.  And thank you for hosting the Death Nut challenge!  I've been wanting to try that but don't know many brave souls willing to try it with me.

When your cola chef has a full sleeve tat of food products...you know it's about to go down.  RenegadeBurrito did not disappoint in the kitchen.  All the food was incredible.  We had enough to feed an army.  The porkchop sammies with that hot sauce (can someone remind me what it's called?) was probably my favorite meal.  But the tacos, brats, and pulled pork were all awesome.  It was a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate you letting me chip in a bit where needed to get everyone fed.

xxprince, binary, AKE, fortydelta, Stoner, uniquesnd and other staff - thank you for keeping things organized, safe, and fun.  There are a lot of moving parts and behind the scenes work to pull off an event like this and it couldn't have been successful without you.  Another shout out to binary_operator for the 2L advice and motivation - I was able to clear my chug with much less suckage of using cans.  2L is the way.  Don't be scurr'd.

Good job noobs.  You showed up.  And I know you had fun.  Now you are a vet and that's pretty cool.  See you at the next one.

On a personal note...I've been working to improve some things in my life and was rewarded with a 6th place finish which I am very proud of.  My goal was top 10.

Love you all long time.  

Thank you to our sponsors!!!
03ScrewLariat
601 Sports
Abe & Moe
ADM
AIM
ALG Defense
Arisaka
Arson Machine
AXL
Baja Gringo
Craddock Precision
Criterion
Damn Yankee Kydex
Esstac
Geissele Automatics
Jolly Green Juan
MOA Targets
Night Vision Inc
Parson's Precision
Southern Siege Sauce Company
Tater's Welding
Zero Day Consulting

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Death Nuts.  Honestly they weren't that bad.  Maybe my mouth had a protective coating from all the alcohol and cigars, I dunno.  Would do it again.  Shout out to the other participants.
Attachment Attached File

When Kai pulls out a knife and yells "HOLD STILL!"
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m still hungover from my Peach Crush chug, posted same thing twice. I’m also dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks 03screwlariat for hosting this event and providing such a great location. Thanks to the sponsors for your support. Thanks to the staff and veterans that make the event more enjoyable.

This was my first event, been reading about the events for years.  I figured Vicksburg was as close to me as it would ever get.  Glad I committed to attending.  I thought the course was well laid out and challenging. I've seen all the discussion about the chug and never really understood it.  I still don't really understand it, but I have a lot of respect to the ones that mastered the chug.

Probably the craziest thing to me was on the ride home thinking about what I needed to train on and what I needed to do to come back next year to be more competitive.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Death Nuts.  Honestly they weren't that bad.  Maybe my mouth had a protective coating from all the alcohol and cigars, I dunno.  Would do it again.  Shout out to the other participants.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263586/IMG_0755_JPEG-2384819.JPG
Next year Death Nut 3.0

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263586/IMG_0754_JPEG-2384820.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone else pacing around the house, half unpacking and half lollygagging, wishing you could hit a reset button and be back at Cola Warrior?  

I had a great time at this event. The weather gave us a little bit of everything.  Surprisingly the bugs weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  

HUGE thanks to 03screw for letting a bunch of strangers from the internet sweat and puke all over your property.  The layout of the course was good and the sloping hills made for a good longest-half-mile-ever run.  And thank you for hosting the Death Nut challenge!  I've been wanting to try that but don't know many brave souls willing to try it with me.

When your cola chef has a full sleeve tat of food products...you know it's about to go down.  RenegadeBurrito did not disappoint in the kitchen.  All the food was incredible.  We had enough to feed an army.  The porkchop sammies with that hot sauce (can someone remind me what it's called?) was probably my favorite meal.  But the tacos, brats, and pulled pork were all awesome.  It was a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate you letting me chip in a bit where needed to get everyone fed.

xxprince, binary, AKE, fortydelta, Stoner, uniquesnd and other staff - thank you for keeping things organized, safe, and fun.  There are a lot of moving parts and behind the scenes work to pull off an event like this and it couldn't have been successful without you.  Another shout out to binary_operator for the 2L advice and motivation - I was able to clear my chug with much less suckage of using cans.  2L is the way.  Don't be scurr'd.

Good job noobs.  You showed up.  And I know you had fun.  Now you are a vet and that's pretty cool.  See you at the next one.

On a personal note...I've been working to improve some things in my life and was rewarded with a 6th place finish which I am very proud of.  My goal was top 10.

Love you all long time.  

Thank you to our sponsors!!!
03ScrewLariat
601 Sports
Abe & Moe
ADM
AIM
ALG Defense
Arisaka
Arson Machine
AXL
Baja Gringo
Craddock Precision
Criterion
Damn Yankee Kydex
Esstac
Geissele Automatics
Jolly Green Juan
MOA Targets
Night Vision Inc
Parson's Precision
Southern Siege Sauce Company
Tater's Welding
Zero Day Consulting

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263586/IMG_0758_JPEG-2384815.JPG

View Quote

@R3L04D Are you are referring to the swamp sauce?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jack's something? Red hot sauce. I think it was a clear jar with a blue label/writing. We used it on the pork chops.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#25]

aww look how happy we both look
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Jack Miller's I think?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Found a place for my flag

Attachment Attached File

And was ecstatic that all of the SSA-E didn't get gobbled

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jack's something? Red hot sauce. I think it was a clear jar with a blue label/writing. We used it on the pork chops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to ask @renegadeburrito
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I have to say this was hands down the best camping trip I have ever been on...

Thanks everyone for the great event and hard work that went into this. Also for the teamwork on my sweet jersey. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Reflections of a noob:

- Where the crap is this road?
- I wonder if I will have to run in the rain?
- Kaik has a knife! It's fine, it's fine.
- Hey, do you know this is a timed event?
- No, your supposed to hit the target.
- That's right, lift with all back and twist.
- Getting banned permanently would suck.
- The pallet cleansing effect of Malort post run.
- He who makes morning coffee has many friends.
- The electric coffee maker is booby trapped.
- Night combat runs are fun...to drink and watch.
- A muddy exit is awesome.
- A subaru is like a honey badger, don't give AF.
- The sponsors and staff rock.

Cheers,

Team Dicky, aka A-Aron
K5CXM

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263586/IMG_0755_JPEG-2384819.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263586/IMG_0754_JPEG-2384820.JPG
View Quote

The second knifing wasn't nearly as bad...
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have to say this was hands down the best camping trip I have ever been on...

Thanks everyone for the great event and hard work that went into this. Also for the teamwork on my sweet jersey. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Reflections of a noob:

- Where the crap is this road?
- I wonder if I will have to run in the rain?
- Kaik has a knife! It's fine, it's fine.
- Hey, do you know this is a timed event?
- No, your supposed to hit the target.
- That's right, lift with all back and twist.
- Getting banned permanently would suck.
- The pallet cleansing effect of Malort post run.
- He who makes morning coffee has many friends.
- The electric coffee maker is booby trapped.
- Night combat runs are fun...to drink and watch.
- A muddy exit is awesome.
- A subaru is like a honey badger, don't give AF.
- The sponsors and staff rock.

Cheers,

Team Dicky, aka A-Aron
K5CXM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq3xo191wp5ckv9/Photo%20May%2013%2C%2017%2013%2017.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7dmhho89nirqzm/Photo%20May%2013%2C%2017%2039%2015.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9rr5fngapbduc7/Photo%20May%2014%2C%2001%2042%2055.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhobg11d5d98wgl/Photo%20May%2015%2C%2014%2001%2002.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cswtl8ug6wq050b/Photo%20May%2015%2C%2014%2002%2025.png?dl=0
View Quote

Yeah I need to work on that exit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jack Miller's I think?
View Quote
Yep, thanks. I think I asked Renegade about 5 times and still forgot

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was sketchy for a sec but made it though.  The ruts kept trying to make me take out one of your posts.

Don't worry, obstacle zero isn't supposed to be easy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had my finger on the whomp whomp button as cousin Eddie almost ate the gate in the Subaru
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I had my finger on the whomp whomp button as cousin Eddie almost ate the gate in the Subaru
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange. I loaded all the stuff on the kitchen trailer, hooked up to it, and pulled right out. Same thing with the picnic tables. Yall are weird.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Strange. I loaded all the stuff on the kitchen trailer, hooked up to it, and pulled right out. Same thing with the picnic tables. Yall are weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think someone lost a door handle cover. There was one on the post anyway.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yall are weird.
View Quote

Hi pot, my name's kettle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hi pot, my name's kettle.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#41]
That dude is a magnificent beast.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I have someones tent and multiple camp chairs. I will be to bring them to Classic or hold them til next year.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely, not miserable at all. A pure look of joy on my face xD
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drug some fancy ass 2wds all over the place.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did awesome and to run again and take 15 minutes off of your time.
Are you going to run classic?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You did awesome and to run again and take 15 minutes off of your time.
Are you going to run classic?
View Quote

Thank you :) And count on seeing me at classic! Hopefully with practice I'll be even better :D
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thank you :) And count on seeing me at classic! Hopefully with practice I'll be even better :D
View Quote

You got it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Nice!

I love how Stoner stopped his watch while puking and didn't get any on himself.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Malort claims another soul:

https://imgur.com/a/dO94HAr
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Malort claims another soul:

https://imgur.com/a/dO94HAr
View Quote
Let me hep