Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 3:09:17 PM EDT
anyone here served under him?

I had the Honor of meeting him back in 06 in Tikrit when he was commanding the Rakkasans. I was quite impressed with him... he hated our Captain and loved us lowly pallet pushers.

anyone know the circumstances of his "retirement"? I have heard different rumors but no facts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Do some google searching, it will not be hard to figure out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do some google searching, it will not be hard to figure out.

+1

Of course, he isn't retired.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a blurb a few years ago that he took the rap over some shit his troops did.  There were some issues over excessive force.  I call it war but JAG officers thought differently.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Every single person I have ran into that served under him...hated his guts,...especially the Rangers in Somalia...My BNCOC instructor was under him then..said he was a showboater...
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I never served under him or met the man, but had friends who ranged from infanteers to intel folks who did a few years ago at Campbell.  He was not liked.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
While being a leader is not, and should not be, a popularity contest, several friends that were either in his battalion at Drum or BCT at Campbell/Iraq concur with 161's and SSeric's statements
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
met some guys in the 10th and 101st that served with him, none were really impressed. infact he fired his S9 element at JRTC last year and yelled at my old team leader, called him a spic. this is just what i heard so it may not be true.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top