Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:18:55 PM EDT
I'm very interested in joing the Coast Guard and was wondering on what their standards are for being accepted...is it the same height/weight requirements as other military branches? thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 5:38:31 PM EDT by J_Smith]
Feel free to IM with specifics - ie what job you want to do,etc........weight and height standards about universal with the military - some variation branch by branch......I've done 4 yrs Army, and am going into my third year in the Coast Guard soon...BTW - I am a Gunner's Mate........

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:31:15 PM EDT
I just finished up six years of active duty and am still in the reserves. I can provide some information about the IT, ET, and OS fields if you are interested in those. Feel free to IM me any specific questions. As far as height and weight it is reasonable. They factor in your wrist size. I am 5'9" with a 7.5" wrist and my max weight was 195 or something. Even if you are over weight they will then do a body fat test and if you pass either you are good. It is a good organization and there have been a pile of pay raises in the last 5 years so it is not a bad living either once you make some rank. Good Luck
Top Top