Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 6:14:03 AM EDT
A sniper nest on top of a ridge contained three dead Al Qaeda fighters, their bodies shredded by heavy machine gun fire. Outside an Al Qaeda gun training center,[b] paper targets from the National Rifle Association[/b] littered the ground complete with names and scores written in Arabic.

heres the whole article, its from fox news.
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40551,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose Toyota supports terrorists too because we see the Taliban with about 20 men to a vehicle riding around in Toyota trucks.  I'm sure if we apply the same logic, most of the companies in the world shold be on a terrorist watch list.

Who wrote this?  Probably Geraldo Rivera.  Every time I see him reporting, his reports are so over-dramatized that it makes it hard to watch without thinking what a talk show reject wannabe reporter he is.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Great. I guess it's about time to head over and register and promptly lose another account at democraticunderground.com in doing some damgae control.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thus inferring that the NRA provides targets to Al-Queda. Slimy little butt nuggets....

God I hate the media.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:34:54 AM EDT
[#5]
the US probably just stuck a 50 pack of these targets in with each case of M16's that we sent them...[rolleyes]

c'mon, doesn't anyone remember the NRA's Eddie Camel program in the early 1990's?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
This crap also ran on MSNBC.
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/627086.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Outside an Al Qaeda gun training center,[b] paper targets from the National Rifle Association[/b] littered the ground complete with names and scores written
View Quote

No biggie. My local range is littered with Bin Laden targets.. In fact I blew the entire center out of one just th'other day. LOL!

Being FOX, though this little jab is surprising without mentioning that the targets can be dl'ed and printed. Someone's gonna get an angry phone call.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
c'mon, doesn't anyone remember the NRA's Eddie Camel program in the early 1990's?
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I wrote them a letter.  See below:

I thought that your article "Al Qaeda Given One Day to Surrender" was a very thinly veiled cheap shot at the National Rifle Association.  In my opinion, the only value that mention of the NRA adds to this story is to attack the NRA and unfairly link the NRA with terrorism.  The story would have been just as effective and far more objective if you had left mention of the NRA out and just referred to the paper targets as "paper targets."  The NRA vehemently opposes terrorism.  In fact, over the 125 years of its existence, the National Rifle Association has provided valuable life-saving training to numerous federal and local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime and terrorism.  Shamelessly attempting to link them to Al Qaeda terrorists because they used a commercial shooting target that can be bought at numerous retail outlets throughout the world as well as downloaded off the internet is analogous to saying that Toyota supports terrorists because the Taliban drive Toyota trucks.  Until now I have made Fox News my trusted source for objective reporting of the news.  However, in the light of the "Al Qaeda Given One Day to Surrender" article, I feel obliged to re-evaluate my support of your network.  I must say that I was very disappointed by this article.  

Very Respectfully,
Gabriel Dutton
View Quote

Let's all respond and let them know how we feel.  We don't want their network to go to $hit too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe it's time that TheSwine, Hitlary and Schumer write a bill banning paper targets.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top