Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2015 4:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2015 5:29:11 PM EDT by ratling]
Every morning and evening for the last few days we have gotten a small half-grown cat at the back door.  She is very affectionate, mostly tabby with a thick gold undercoat.  Skinny enough she's nothing but ribs and barely weighs a thing.  We tried to bring her into the house but our 2 guys were having none of it.  She is really chatty with kind of a mae west voice - when we did try to bring her into the house she followed us around like a puppy at heel - she will make someone an awesome cat.  If anyone is willing to adopt her I will put 200$ towards her shots/spay/neuter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:23:24 PM EDT
OMG WHY did you post this in GD!!!!!  You are not going to like what you are about to see.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:34:18 PM EDT
Leave it outside but feed and water it
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2015 4:34:58 PM EDT by tep0583]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StewartTR:
OMG WHY did you post this in GD!!!!!  You are not going to like what you are about to see.
View Quote

Because it gets the most traffic and the assholes who get out of hand will get reeled in.

Sounds like a great cat, OP, wish I could take her, but I have too many as it is. She sounds like she'll make someone a great pet.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:37:53 PM EDT
You are pretty far away for me, but I am willing to help transport or pitch in some cash to help as well.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:36:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
You are pretty far away for me, but I am willing to help transport or pitch in some cash to help as well.  

View Quote

Thank you.  If we have to we can make her an outdoor cat but I would hate for her to miss out on having a family, and it can get pretty cold around here sometimes for a fully-outdoor cat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:38:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Buckshot556:
SPAY/NEUTER,Leave it outside but feed and water it
View Quote

Fixed. See if there's a "Trap Neuter Release" program in your area; you catch the cat, bring it in, they neuter it for cheap, and you let it back out to live its life but it'll be unable to contribute to the feral cat population.

That's if you can't find someone to take it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:39:17 PM EDT
Pics would help your cause here OP.

Please post 'em.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:39:43 PM EDT
Wife pics. Then pics of cat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:44:44 PM EDT
I'm in east Tn and have two sweet female retards. Post pics or vids?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:47:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
I'd take it if you weren't so far away.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:30:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Where in SC?
View Quote

Fort Mill
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:38:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Please post 'em.
View Quote

Here is one I got through the glass before we brought her in.   When she was in the house I was too busy playing referee to remember to get a pic.  She has a very racoon-like ring-tail and a really wooly coat.  You can't tell from the ipotato shot but she is striped like a tabby.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT by M-1975]

Originally Posted By ratling:
Here is one I got through the glass before we brought her in.   When she was in the house I was too busy playing referee to remember to get a pic.  She has a very racoon-like ring-tail and a really wooly coat.  You can't tell from the ipotato shot but she is striped like a tabby.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/ratling87/Pax_zpsv5xipyt2.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By M-1975:

Please post 'em.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/ratling87/Pax_zpsv5xipyt2.jpg

Looks like a bronze brown tabby.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:43:35 PM EDT
I will try to get better pics tomorrow morning when she shows up for breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:34:40 PM EDT

Thank you.  If we have to we can make her an outdoor cat but I would hate for her to miss out on having a family, and it can get pretty cold around here sometimes for a fully-outdoor cat.
View All Quotes

I love cats and dogs, so I really don't mind helping.  I would take her but that is a heck of a drive.  Please keep us updated and thanks for taking care of the critter.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:33:23 AM EDT
That's a lynx point.  They're gorgeous.  We had one who was really fat and such a sweetheart.  He was awesome.  

<----------not mine but he looked just like that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:57:42 AM EDT

Every morning and evening for the last few days we have gotten a small half-grown cat at the back door.  She is very affectionate, mostly tabby with a thick gold undercoat.  Skinny enough she's nothing but ribs and barely weighs a thing.  We tried to bring her into the house but our 2 guys were having none of it.  She is really chatty with kind of a mae west voice - when we did try to bring her into the house she followed us around like a puppy at heel - she will make someone an awesome cat.  If anyone is willing to adopt her I will put 200$ towards her shots/spay/neuter.
View Quote
hope things work out

Ed

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2015 1:44:25 AM EDT by California_Kid]
Rescued cats tend to be grateful.

Here is TJ the Mexican Street Cat with a rat.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:38:45 AM EDT
It's not a home without a cat.  Somebody take this little lady!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:01:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2015 6:05:25 AM EDT by Junkhunter]
I leave cat food outside in a dispenser.  Was a cat and a coon that would feed off of it. Haven't seen then for a while.  
Anyway I will take it if you want to drive it to OH. Country setting. Also can shoot at the redneck shotting range while you're here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:18:26 AM EDT
Good luck with the cat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:26:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2015 6:30:58 AM EDT by PlaneJane]
View Quote

I tried this.  Worked fine until we got a zero degree overnight forecast.  Worthless nixed the idea of bringing her in the house.   Now she's a shop cat.  Her name is Sunshine.

This isn't a very becoming picture, caught her in mid-meow, with those two lower incisors showing, the poor thing looks like a devil cat.  She really is a sweet creature, skittish though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:31:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dmfl54:
Good luck with the cat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:39:06 AM EDT
We adopted a cat from one of those hoarder people that was rescued. She had over 200 cats.

Best cat we ever had, really just a sweetheart.

These cats that really need help end up being fantastic pets. It's like they know what gratitude is or something, kinda weird.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:50:34 AM EDT
LOL OP has a new cat and hasn't figured it out yet.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:20:05 AM EDT
In before...OMG, there are kittens!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:30:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By midmo:
LOL OP has a new cat and hasn't figured it out yet.  
View Quote

Yeah huh?

Rattling- after a week or two, your pets will work it out.
Enjoy your new cat. Strays and rescues are the best.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:38:13 AM EDT
Cats will usually work it out in a few days if you bring it in the house. Either way good luck with the kitty! I have 5 cats so I'm stocked up!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:01:04 AM EDT
She has not yet shown up this morning.  I'm hoping she found a nice home.  If she shows back up and stays as an outdoor cat she is getting a trip to the vet for a checkup, spay, and rabies shot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:02:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:

I tried this.  Worked fine until we got a zero degree overnight forecast.  Worthless nixed the idea of bringing her in the house.   Now she's a shop cat.  Her name is Sunshine.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=74077

This isn't a very becoming picture, caught her in mid-meow, with those two lower incisors showing, the poor thing looks like a devil cat.  She really is a sweet creature, skittish though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=74077

That cat looks like she wouldn't take shit off of anyone.  I can't imagine why y'all get along.  

I love, love, love contradictory names.  I like to add male names to female English honorifics and vice versa.  A name like Sir Lily or Princess Bruce will get me every time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:06:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:
That's a lynx point.  They're gorgeous.  We had one who was really fat and such a sweetheart.  He was awesome.  

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/emilysmom_02/lynx_zpsersxq9tj.jpg    <----------not mine but he looked just like that.
View Quote

She is lot darker than this with a gold undercoat instead of cream but I have been wondering if there is a bit of that in the mix - she has that Siamese yowl I remember from the seal point we had as a kid, and is real talkative.  Her coat is almost like sheep'w wool - unlike the cats I am used to.  lol....mixes can be interesting.  Our current guys look to all the world like Russian blues with tabby shadow-stripes.  The larger one is a walking pocketwatch about schedules.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:11:40 AM EDT

She is lot darker than this with a gold undercoat instead of cream but I have been wondering if there is a bit of that in the mix - she has that Siamese yowl I remember from the seal point we had as a kid, and is real talkative.  Her coat is almost like sheep'w wool - unlike the cats I am used to.  lol....mixes can be interesting.  Our current guys look to all the world like Russian blues with tabby shadow-stripes.  The larger one is a walking pocketwatch about schedules.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/emilysmom_02/lynx_zpsersxq9tj.jpg    <----------not mine but he looked just like that.

I saw that coat and figured a good mix of Maine Coon as well.  

Russian Blues are beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:22:55 AM EDT

View Quote

Thank you for feeding this poor starving cat, and offering financial assistance with the inevitable vet care. You are a good man.

I'm a cat guy too. I don't trust people who don't like cats.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:01:37 PM EDT
Status check?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:21:04 PM EDT
Thanks for all the encouragement in the thread.  The cat was at the door for dinner -she is showing a lot more energy with a few days of feeding in her.  I picked up some flea/tick stuff at the store and am working on getting her to the vet to be fixed.  Whether she gets adopted or not she needs it (I really hope she's not already pregnant).  I will have pics up in a few.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:31:43 PM EDT
I got a couple of pics through the sliding door.

Here you can see her black lipstick and eyeliner - obviously she is going through and EMO phase...

This is her "I can haz inside?" pose that she practices regularly:

..And here she is chatting away about the wait staff...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:38:59 PM EDT
Beautiful kitty, she seems to be very friendly and will make a great addition to a family.  Thank you so much for helping her.  I have 4, all rescues.  If you decide to keep her I hope you will consider trying again to bring her indoors.  She looks like she wants to be inside.  For my "new cat" introduction, I would lock the newbie in a spare room for 2 weeks and let it get acquainted with the others between the door cracks.  Helped to cut down on animosity and by the time the newbie was let out, the tension was much less.  I know it isn't easy to bring in a new cat!

Good luck and thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:04:53 AM EDT
Wish you were closer, we are looking for a cat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:01:52 AM EDT
How do you transport a cat long distance?  I'm guessing a bigger pet carrier with a small litter box in it since you can't really walk them like a dog.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:07:45 AM EDT

How do you transport a cat long distance?  I'm guessing a bigger pet carrier with a small litter box in it since you can't really walk them like a dog.  
View Quote

Don't forget ear plugs for the driver.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:14:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigFellor:

View All Quotes

Oh yeah, I've had a few that did not travel well.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:25:24 PM EDT

View All Quotes

You can get catnip at the pet stores that will calm kitty down on long trips.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:28:45 PM EDT
That cat has some Maine Coon breed in her. Not full, but enough to strip her.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:31:16 PM EDT
Are you considering the idea, already posted, of keeping teh new kitteh in a separate room for a week or two while the current residents get used to her smell and sounds? That's really the only way to introduce a new cat to an already catted household, and you need to try that if you actually want to keep her. Wish we could take her, but we are too far away. I hope you find her a home, whether it's with you or with another loving person. She's a real cutie!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:40:08 PM EDT

View Quote
You are a good man

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:14:29 PM EDT
I have tried all of the no-kill shelters, and every person I know.  No one has room for her.  I guess I have a cat.  We are going to try letting her in for an hour or so at a time - I don't know if she will be happy be a purely indoor cat, but once we get her fixed and she gets all her shots if should be workable.  

I got a few more pics tonight when I went out to pet her.  My guys so far are giving her a wide berth like they think she will explode any moment, but no more hissing or threatening.  

Looking at the coat she definitely appears to have some Maine coon in her....

Detente
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:34:03 AM EDT
Eh, let her in, they will all figure it out.  My female cat I've had for 12 years took a while to warm up to a new arrival, also female.  Now she just hisses at the new one and walks away.  But she's anti-social anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:42:33 AM EDT

I have tried all of the no-kill shelters, and every person I know.  No one has room for her.  I guess I have a cat.  We are going to try letting her in for an hour or so at a time - I don't know if she will be happy be a purely indoor cat, but once we get her fixed and she gets all her shots if should be workable.  

I got a few more pics tonight when I went out to pet her.  My guys so far are giving her a wide berth like they think she will explode any moment, but no more hissing or threatening.  

Looking at the coat she definitely appears to have some Maine coon in her....

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/ratling87/PAX_05_zpsha6mpgqr.jpg

Detente

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/ratling87/PAX_04_zpslqsieicm.jpg
View Quote

Major babe. Would pet her. Can't have a cat right now. Good luck, and thanks for caring about her.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top