Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 7:12:44 PM EDT
I was listening to Neal Cavuto and they were talking about the problems with getting drug from Canada, and that got me thinking, we're getting drugs from these guys and yet have Americans AWOL in there who want to stay out of Iraq.

We're cautious about helping Sudan because of their link to UBL.

Isn't this sort of hypocritical?  We won't help another country because it harbored a well known terrorist, yet we're getting drungs from a country whose helping AWOLs?  Of course helping people escape to countries is not the same thing as harboring Bin Laden.  They're trying to escape a war they want no part of (I.E. Iraq, didn't they fight willing in Afghanistan?) compared to a country which helped someone who attacked US three years ago.  It just popped into my head, go figure.

Also, I can't believe John Kerry really said he wasn't affected much by 9/11.  Do they have proof he said that?  Boy that weakens any chance of me voting for the guy.

OK last thing, they had ad earlier about politicians and tryig to stop the WoT for their own gains and they included a website.  Does anyone know what it was?

Thanks alot, sorry for the rambling.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW it looks like the AWOL guy is gonna get deported.

The fact that he enlisted and then deserted isn't cutting a lot of slack with even the hippies in Ottawa.

Fer cryin out loud, take our meds. It's the least we can do, and rest assured our govt. will always do the least it can do.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently some of the pills that the US govt is concerned about are labeled "made in Canada", but aren't. So the result is that fake pills are coming in from Canada. Real certified made in Canada stuff would be as safe as US stuff, its the fake stuff thats the problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi all,
As far as the AWOL guy goes, dont blame us Canadians, we did not ask him to come, we are not paying to have him stay here.  His choice, the last I heard we were not going to give refugee status to him.

As far as the drugs go, they are probably manufactured in the USA, and shipped to Canada, and they sold back to the USA.  I think we limit what  the drug companies can charge for drugs.

The people saying that getting drugs from Canada is dangerous are the drug companies that get 50% more for the EXACT same thing you buy in the USA.  It is hurting them financially.  Some northern US states are making it part of the drug plan to buy them from Canada to save money.

Dez
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top