Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2004 11:01:11 AM EDT
You seen this?
Saw it and thought of you... mainly because of your avatar.

CXT Link 2
CXT Link 1

Keep playing the lottery...
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
If those start showing up in CA like the H2 POS is, It'll motivate me to move faster than planned.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If those start showing up in CA like the H2 POS is, It'll motivate me to move faster than planned.

I think it would make a good bug-out/zombie world/SHTF vehicle though...
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it would make a good bug-out/zombie world/SHTF vehicle though...

Only if you put spikes on the body and wheels and run em over, Road Warrior style.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just for going to town, picking up groceries and such...

The new Urban Assault Soccer Mom Grocery Getter?
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#6]

I need to hit the lottery, or have someone very rich put me in their will.  I would LOVE to have one of those.  I drive an international at work, and the new air-ride system on the trucks is great, you could run over a vw bug and not even feel it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like it has a slightly high center of balance though... don't know what the tip factor would be on one of those.

I think it's freakin cool as hell looking... way cooler than a fairy ass H2 yuppie tank. Not to mention the smash factor. You get in a fender bender in that thing and you don't have to worry about your insurance paying for damages... just a coffin for the poor fucker you "bumped" into. mooohahaha
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
They sell for $90K - $100K, depending on options...

I work for International and they've been hyping the Hell out those CXT things.

Like the average Joe-Schmoe production plant hourly worker will be able to afford one...

I wish International would update & bring back the Scout. I'd be seriously interested in one of those...
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 2:33:32 AM EDT
[#9]
What's the Scout? Pictures?
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]
It was one of the original SUV's, before there ever was such a term. They were discontinued in 1980.

They were about the size of a Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee...maybe just a bit smaller. The had(and still do have) a pretty loyal following...

Do a Google search and you should find some info.

BTW- I work at International's  School Bus Plant in Tulsa, OK. One of the "honchos"  a couple of links up the chain from our plant manager told a group of us from the bus plant not too long ago that he was pushing hard "from the inside" to indeed bring back the Scout. He was promoted a short time after that. We haven't heard anything else regarding a Scout resurrection...yet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Ashton Kutchener (or whatever his name is) drives one.

Not that it matters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top