Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2001 8:32:16 PM EDT
I need some advice from you fine gentlemen, and ladies too if so inclinded. If you were to buy a CETME, what would you recomend as far as reciever, manufacture, any other conciderations? Any advice is welcome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
FMP receiver first. They are HK licensed and of the highest quality. SWA next, then Hesse last.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Just thought I would stop in and say "Hi Dad!!" :).  Get to shoot your new toy on Monday!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
FMP would be first, but I'm not aware that any are being used to make CETMEs from kits.  That leaves Special Weapons, and Hesse.  Special weapons receivers will be better than Hesse.  Rumor has is that most of the current guns are Hesse.  That plus the fact than the CETME kits that they are being assembled from are getting lower in quality contribute to the current low prices.

I have heard that even if the receivers are not marked, you can tell a Hesse from a SW because Hesse will have a standard HK style drum rear sight whereas the SW will have the standard CETME tip over rear.  Can anyone verify this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What about the Imbel recievers and century arms?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
CAI is the only manufacturer of CETME's that I am aware of. IMBEL makes FAL receivers only.
Some of the early CETME's were made on FMP receivers, they had to be modified to hold the rear sight. CAI is assembling some on SWA receivers, but most on Hesse receivers. Kinda, luck of the draw.
BTW, CAI=Century Arms International.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of selling my Mini-14 and getting a CETME.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
A bud of mine just got one. It is on a Hesse receiver. Looks good, HK mags will not fit it though. But, Tapco has CETME mags cheap as hell. If I can find a SWA build of a new parts kit, I'll have one to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top