Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2001 11:56:13 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting a post-ban M17S from my local shop. I have a questiion regarding barrel length. While I know it is a short gun already. Can the barrel be trimmed 4 in so the overall length of the gun is 26 in and the bbl in17.5 in? Would this still be legal? I think it is 30 in long overall stock. Thanks for your help.

Top Secret
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm from OH. I'm not concerned about the muzzle flash. You can permanently mount a flash suppressor. I'm more concerned about the length and was wondering if it was ok.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You can permanently mount a flash suppressor
View Quote

Is that your final answer?

Bzzzt.  I'm sorry.  You didn't win the yacht, but we will give you a years supply of Turtle Wax as a consolation prize. [:)]

A flash supressor, whether permanently attached or threaded on, is a prohibited assault feature in and of itself.

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My apologies, but those sure seem like flash suppressors on those post-ban STG-58s. Or in our PC world do we just call them "Muzzle Breaks"? My understanding is that it it OK if it is permanent. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26824#lastPost

Excuse me *cough* permanently attach a "muzzle break"...
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
There are lots of muzzle attatchments that LOOK like the original GI issue flash suppressor, but DO NOT reduce flash.

From what I've read, here's the general rule for pistol gripped post ban rifles:

You call it a muzzle brake.  You can call it a compensator.  You can call it a snow-cone maker.  But if the ATF determines it reduces flash, they'll call it a felony.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top