BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 9:20:40 PM EDT
Brethren,

I dont normally ask for this on here, but please keep my son Keith
and family in your prayers tonight.

He is having surgery tomorrow
morning at Christ Hospital oncology unit in Cincinnati.  Thank you everyone.

I have two wonderful sons who have turned into amazing and responsible men.  My oldest son Keith is 27.  He has played in organized sports since he was 5 and is in excellent health.  Never smoked in his life, no drugs, maybe a six pack of beer a year at special occasions.  Runs a youth baseball league as well as coaches.  Coached youth football up til a few years ago for his stepson.  Graduated college and married in 2010.  A year later, he gave me my first grandchild (his son Kaden).  His is a truly great young man, husband, father and son.  I could not be prouder of him.

A few months back, a mass was located in his rectum that was determined to be cancer.  After many chemo and radiation treatments, with minimal side effects (slight nausea was all) he is having about half the colon and everything below it removed and a colostomy bag installed.  All while my ex wife and myself are just completely distraught that he will have to deal with this for the rest of his, hopefully long and happy life, he has stared this curveball down and continues to not let this speedbump slow him down.

So please, when you say your prayers to GAOTU tonight, please say one for him and our family.

Thank you Brothers!

SMIB

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My prayers for you and all your family. Keep your Faith. It always helps.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Best of luck to him.  I will ask the big man upstairs to put a hand on his shoulder...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prayers sent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Your son and family are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]

May The GAOTU grant your son Keith safe passage in all of his treatments, procedures and recovery.

SMIB

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Your family will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers out
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

May The GAOTU grant your son Keith safe passage in all of his treatments, procedures and recovery.

SMIB

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
You, your son and families are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Just checking in to see if there was an update on his condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top