Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 4:54:00 PM EDT
I got my packet from the Border Patrol . I take my test on May 24th. Have any of you aken it? What is the selection process like?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Three Question:

How important is it to you that your superiors support your efforts, and not undermine your attempts to do the job you were hired to do?

How important is it to you that you go home at night with a sense of accomplishment?

Can you say "Stop" in Spanish?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
See if you can contact Mountain Patriot (NOT Green mountain Patriot)

He has been through the whole thing and as far as I know should be on duty out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the border patrol ramping up staff in anticipation of having to man extra water stations/concession stands this summer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I passed the FBI test and am in an "alternate" status, so I am not counting on that too much anymore. I figured I would give the Border Patrol a shot. I am just tired of computers and my current job need to get away from it. My last resort will be the Air Force.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Two things about the BP that you need to really understand. One they have a very high turn over rate because of the job. If you work the Southern border there are alot of BS politics that you have to deal with. Two most candidates wash out because of their failure to learn Spanish. There is a member of this board that is long time member of the border patrol if he is still lurking here somewhere.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
IM sent...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Good Luck!!! When you pass the written you'll go on to an oral interview. Pass that and then you'll have the background checks done. Then it's off to Charlston or Glynco for the academy. You will do time on the souther border. Try to get CA. Things are sucking right now in AZ, NM &  TX. Speaking Spanish will relly help. Be prepared for politics unrivaled in any other occupation.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good Luck!!! When you pass the written you'll go on to an oral interview. Pass that and then you'll have the background checks done. Then it's off to Charlston or Glynco for the academy. You will do time on the souther border. Try to get CA. Things are sucking right now in AZ, NM &  TX. Speaking Spanish will relly help. Be prepared for politics unrivaled in any other occupation.

Hey migradog you lamigra-K9???
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Three Question:

How important is it to you that your superiors support your efforts, and not undermine your attempts to do the job you were hired to do?

How important is it to you that you go home at night with a sense of accomplishment?

Can you say "Stop" in Spanish?

'Alto', iirc

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I took 2 semesters of Spanish in college. should have taken conversational spanish, but never did. I am rusty, but I think I will pik up on it quickly. From what I understand you have a choice of taking a Spanish test or a test on a made-up language. I am guessing the made-up language would be best.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Shooter505,
                      Nada para K-9. Yo soy un inspector normalmente.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Shooter505,
                      Nada para K-9. Yo soy un inspector normalmente.

Yo comprendo, lista filtro nombrar.

I bet you and I know some of the same people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top