Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 11:48:05 PM EDT
I am looking for a good duty boot.

I have tried Rocky brands Alphaforce and hated them. They were cheap in construction and my feet were always sweating in them.

I have had US issued combat boots, no question to their strength, and so far they have been they best I can find, except for a pair of Gov. Issued Desert boots. I have had mine for over a year and they are great except I cannot wear them at work because they are tan.

I can stick with USGI stuff but, I thought their may be a more comfortable boot that would last as long as a Gov. boot.

I have heard good things about Danner boots but, I am concerned about them breathing as well as my Gov. stuff. I cannot stand to wear a boot that doesn't breathe.

Any body have any suggestions? I am looking for a "combat style" boot that is about 8 inches tall.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
[url=www.farmpolicesupply.com/danac8boot.html]Danner Acadias[/url] sound like they're right up your street, partner.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jarhead,

See I don't have any experience with Danner boots, I wonder if they are worth the extra money?

They are roughly double what I paid for my Gov. Issue stuff. If they are that much better then I have no problem purchasing them.....Anybody have any experience?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
www.galls.com

Check them out.....they have an 8" boot with side zipper for about $50. I haven't had mine but about a month but they are as comfortable as a pair of athletic shoes. They look good too and include nylon in the construction, so they are very breathable. If you want an expensive boot, I would say the ones mentioned would be top of the line.....Danner, Concoran, etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
USGI supplier.

Have a model with a tennis shoe based sole for comfort.

[url=http://www.wellco.com/]Wellco Industries[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll second the Danner Arcadia's.  Expensive, but the most comfortable boot you can buy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know where exactly you would look for these but...I wear the Altama with the new sole pattern that is straight ribs that run perpendicular to the front/back of the boot. The ribs give the sole a "spring" like effect. Comfortable all day long.

After I bought them (at my local surplus), I noticed that they are what all the camo guys at the airport are wearing. Some of them noticed mine too.

From what I've seen, some of the LEO stores carry nice ones too. Made for long term comfort.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#7]
PS: The Altama should be about 100 even.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#8]
How about the Danner Ft. Lewis 'Go Devil' boot? I've had mine for 11 years without a complaint. For the first several years, I was wearing them every day as a Paramedic. They can take everything that a normal person can dish out and still will support you and look good! Best of all youcan have them re-soled. With this feature, you can have the same pair of boots for 20 years or so. This extended life puts a new spin on the cost, a $250 boot that will last as long as 4 $100 boots is a bargain!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the ripple sole.  The only complaint I have against it is it doesn't last very long when you're doing a lot of road marching (but what does?), but I'd rather be comfortable.  The only all leather boot I ever liked were the Cocoran 2s.  I think they were pretty damn expensive, but as far as an all leather boot, you can't beat'em.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Follow fight4yourrights' link and have a look at Wellco's boots.  Just bought a pair of their deluxe combats.  Very comfortable, lots of cushion with a hard lower sole, good traction, very light for a 10" boot, not waterproof, lace locks for the top of the "foot" portion, jungle type, no drain holes, leather ankle strap, lined, extra inserts for wearing with thin socks - nice.  Order you issue boot size.  $94 delivered.  A lot of boot for the money IMO.

note: I have found that no matter what locks you have,or what lacing system you use, a SEPARATE lace at two lace loops at the top of your foot to keep your heel locked in place but your toe and leg portions a little looser works best.  Works the best for me - what do I know - I was a squid. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I have to recommend Bates Durashocks. They are quite possibly the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, they are even more comfortable than my Docs. The downside is their price, I paid over $180 for mine in 96 but they made it through three years of full time EMS and are now my current knockabouts for fishing, fourwheeling, hunting, shooting, etc. Hell, when I wore them for duty boots I even slept in them!

Jake
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I wear a pair of Danner Ft. Lewis "Go Devil's" most of the time...I bought them in '86 and I'm just about ready to have them resoled for the 4th time...when it's really hot or I have to have a pair of 'nicer' boots, I have a year old pair of Danner "Commanders"...I'm well satisfied with Danner products...I wouldn't give you $.02 for a pair of Rocky's...IMHO
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think you can beat a warm-weather USGI (formerly known as jungle boots) boot. I would wear the same pair every day and they would last me a good year and a half.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a topic where everyone is going to have an opinion.

I certainly do. I am an active duty army officer with 24 years service in infantry and special forces untits, but I have been wearing the "USMC Infantry Combat Boot" manufactured by "Belleville Shoe Company" for about 2 years. This is the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. However, I admit at this point in my career I am not "humping" a ruck much anymore, but a young marine sergeant from the FAST Company here in Norfolk at the USMC Exchange gave these boots his absolute highest rating for a field boot.

The 2 URL's below are for a CNN article about the boot and Belleville Shoe Company.

Bladerunner

http://www.cnn.com/STYLE/9810/07/designer.combat.boots/

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/public/public_5.htm
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone for all the input!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top