Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 10:28:35 PM EDT
With all these knife posts, do bayos make good knives?

I mean, you can buy an AK bayos for like 20-30 bucks.  All the AR bayos I see are like 100 though  Are they really 4 times as good as an AK bayo for general knife use?

Is there a more affordable AR bayo other than the M9, or an M9 that doesn't cost $100?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Bayonets are blunt force stabbing weapons, not filet knives.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
if there was any one bayonet i could have that wouldnt be too expensive, it'd be the elongated version of the m7 bayonet made by solingen. I have always felt that our earlier bayonets were better than the short little shits we use today. I just wish there was a dealer in the US who imported all of solingen/eickhorn's goodies.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to do a house cleaning with a 12" bayo sticking off the end of an AR15 rifle
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I always try to own one for every rifle that will accept one.  I dont think they make good cutting knives though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top