Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2002 6:59:57 AM EDT
Now that we have learned that Barbie's full name is Barbara Milicent Roberts, I was wondering what Ken's full name is. And more importantly what is G.I. Joe's full name?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You gotta love Google...

[url]http://www.flossysdolls.com/newsletters/97july.htm[/url]

Q: I have a bet with a friend about Barbie's last name. Can you help me out here?

A: According to Mattel, she was never given a last name. But, according to Barbie doll collectors, her full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. This came about when Mattel, the makers of Barbie, gave their blessings to a series of books in the 1960s about Barbie and her friends.

According to these books written in the 60s, Barbie's parents names were George and Margaret Roberts. Ken's name was Ken Carson and Midge's name was Midge Hadley.

According to the Collectors Encyclopedia of Barbie Dolls, Barbie was named after Elliot and Ruth Handler's daughter just as Ken was named after their son. The Handlers were in charge of marketing and design at Mattel in the 50s when Barbie was "born".
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
id hit it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top