Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/27/2001 1:36:33 AM EST
A guy I have worked with for the last 10 yrs has had the worst luck that "I've" ever seen. Seven yrs ago his daughter was born with a hole in her heart and the poor girl spent the first year of her life in the hospital. Actually a little more than that. Anyway, his little girl has perpetual health problems because of this that makes her pretty miserable. A couple of years ago his wife had a heart attack and now cannot work and he has to help her with doing things. Last November GH was diagnosed with cancer after I took him to the emergency room complaining of chest pains. Well after chemo and radiation the cancer shrunk up and they operated and removed it. 3 weeks ago he called and told me that they did another x-ray and the cancer is back, 5 times worse than before, and it goes without saying the prognosis isn't good. He stops by work to see all of us and has a big smile on his face, remains happy and upbeat despite knowing he's not going to be around much longer. Amazing GH, and nobody who knows him will disagree, has got to be one of the most easy going guys you could ever want to know. Makes you wonder what he could have ever done to deserve the things that have happened to him over the last 8 years. I guess it's true, the good die young.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:18:26 AM EST
Geez, reminds me of the book of Job, old testament. Makes you realise, no matter how bad you have it or how much your life sucks, there is always someone worse off than you.[:(]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:36:07 AM EST
My 55 year old cousin is in the same boat. He's still the same great guy he has always been. He's just bald now from the treatment.
Top Top