Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2001 4:57:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw the entire series on TNT, then more on SciFi.  You're right about the conspiracy theories, too.  I was glad to see the forces of freedom won in the end, hope it's prophetic........
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
the most exact episodes were the ones where the news media ripped them to shreds after promising to be fair and honest " we need to air the truth!!"
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah. that is an awesome show. The conspiracy plots are awesome. Saw every episode, all 4 movies, and the 13 episodes of Crusade, they sequel show. Its a great show. I highly recommend it!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:Don't ruin it for me! I just started watching this show about 6 episodes ago!

Wonder if there's a way to order a copy of all the episodes I haven't seen.
View Quote

yes there is. They release all of the episodes on video, along with the movies. check out [url]http://www.amazon.com[/url] or you favorite place. they have em.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
SCI FI chan seems to be playing this in it's correct order over an over.
Once you've seen the series once, watch it again from the begining and with a comepletely different perspective on the motives of the characters!
This series really opened my eyes as to how much they planned the entire series from begining to end before the first ep was shot.
Great show.
jneal
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
 This series is really the brainchild of a gifted sci-fi writer named Harlan Ellison.He's been trying to warn us for years that the forces of evil are thriving in the establishment.Seems like maybe He's getting people to listen.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 This series is really the brainchild of a gifted sci-fi writer named Harlan Ellison.
View Quote

Not really. Ellison was a creative consultant, but this show was conceived and executed by J Michael Strazinski.  He actually scripted most of the shows personally, and it was him who spent years pitching the show to the networks before selling it to IPN (I think that was the name of that network, correct me if I am wrong), which eventually became UPN, whereupon the show was picked up by TNT after the fourth season.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Best SCIFI on TV ! Definitly have to watch the wole series begining to end at least twice to catch everything that goes on plot wise. I've always liked Star trek ( no I don't dress up and go to conventions)But B5 kicks ass over star trek any day .
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]
"Understanding is not important - only obediance."
-Delenn

I use that line on my kid & drunks...

P3[pyro][^]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
definately the best space/future/"patriot" show i've ever seen. and it played like a continual story, not "what impossible problem can the captain fix in 40 minutes this week?" if you came into it in the middle many references would be unknown. just great show, the best.
did i say it was just great?.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have seen every episode. He parodies the United Nations in several episodes.  The scary part is that I figure that our government is genetically engineering some telepaths and will use them to find our guns.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to work right next to the "studio" where they filmed the show.  It cracked me up when I once saw an extra, in full Babylon 5 costume, walked out to his green Saturn to get some stuff out.  Weird.

When the show got cancelled the Kung Fu show with Arsenio Hall and Sammo took over the building.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#14]
When the show got cancelled the Kung Fu show with Arsenio Hall and Sammo took over the building.
View Quote

Definitely the best Sci-Fi on TV.

BTW, the show didn't get cancelled. It concluded.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#15]
News for all you B5 fans: Another spinoff series is in production now. Called "B5: The Legend of The Rangers". Also "Crusade" isn't dead. New episodes of it may appear on Sci-Fi in the future. May, I say.

"We are grey. We stand between the candle and the star."
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ka - Lick:
I used to work right next to the "studio" where they filmed the show.  It cracked me up when I once saw an extra, in full Babylon 5 costume, walked out to his green Saturn to get some stuff out.  Weird.

View Quote

Babylon 5 didn't get "cancelled".  Think of it as the world's longest mini-series.  The story had a definite beginning, middle, and end, and when it was over they were finished.  It was planned to last as long as it lasted.  Think of it in terms of the "Star Wars" series - it was originally plotted out as nine movies, with the original film as Episode IV.  

However, the B5 movies and spinoffs weren't part of the original plan, I don't think.

It is one of the very best sci-fi programs ever put on TV IMHO.  (The Sci-Fi Channel version of DUNE was pretty good, too.  The theatrical release SUCKED.)

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
"and so, it begins"
i don't get the sci-fi channel, so if any new b5 movies come on lmk.
also what i found interesting was (being a sci-fi head) the first episode where zatharas was introduced. i knew that that episode was going to become an integral part of the whole series, and how it interplays within the full story line.
"tsk tsk tsk zatharas remembers"
also don't forget lanier is still out there

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#18]
If you like great storytelling, check out "Babylon 5," airing on the Sci-Fi Channel or available on video.

"B5" is simply amazing television. Some incredible writing, with timeless themes and ideas, and lines (delivered by excellent actors, such as Andreas Katsulas as G'Kar) that'll stick in your mind long after you've watched an episode.

The creator, J. Michael Straczynski, wove many influences (myth, legend, conspiracy theories, classic sci-fi, religion, war stories, ideals such as freedom and justice, etc.) into a compelling story "arc." I've probably seen all the episodes three or four times.

Here's a link to a pretty good B5 Web site. There's information here on the upcoming new "B5" movie special, too.

[url]http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/lurker.html[/url]

Check chamber,
mib2000
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]
IMO it should have ended on season 4, but then again I think Strazinsky was unsure as to what was going to happen to the show when UPN decided not to pick up the 5th season so it seemed that he crammed everything into the last half of season 4. After TNT picked up the show it seemed like it ran out of gas because there were no major conflicts.

By the way, did you know that the idea for B5 came to Strazinsky while he was delirious with a high fever?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Loved that show. Used to watch it when it was on NBC or was it ABC( come to think of it, was it Fox?). Then it got canceled, then it got picked up by cable. I don't have cable. I was bummed. At the time it was the only show that was on at a time I could watch it and lo and behold it turns out to be of very high quality, one of the best SCI-FI series ever broadcasted on T.V. I could'nt believe the leftist media mogols let it run as long as it did. I gonna have to collect it on video one of these days, but for now it has to wait until I get a few more guns. Were'nt the Starfuries just the coolest space fighter designs?[>(]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#21]
sci-fi will probably do another run of the complete series as it is quite popular

Quoted:
Don't ruin it for me! I just started watching this show about 6 episodes ago!

Wonder if there's a way to order a copy of all the episodes I haven't seen.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#22]
What ever became of Lanier anyway? I missed that part. He was played by Bill Mummy, the actor who as a child played Will Robinson on the old Lost in Space. Good acting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I loved that show!, It just plain blows away Star Trek or Star Wars! So true to reality and truth it was eary.
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top