Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 9:44:17 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/714547/posts[/url]

Following the Bush administration's reversal of a decade-old interpretation of the Second Amendment,
Alabama Attorney General Bill Pryor and 17 other state attorneys general have commended the new ruling.

The letter to U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft praises his "position that the text and the original intent of
the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms. We agree that this
is the proper reading of the Second Amendment, and that this policy best protects the fundamental interest
of Americans in security and self-preservation."

Other states which signed the letter include Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Montana,
Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia,
West Virginia and Wyoming.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, South Carolina, baby!!!!!

And ain't it interesting that NONE of the states that attacked the South in the "Waw of Nawthun Aggresshun" signed it. Seems they STILL want to destroy freedom.

"The more things change, the more things stay the same."

(NOTE: Exception of Pennsylvania)

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, what do you know, NO MI!!!
SHOCKING!!  Damn Granholm

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Keving67
View Quote

She's the problem. Otherwise she's not too bad, but I'll have to vote against her in the primary.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keving67
View Quote

She's the problem. Otherwise she's not too bad, but I'll have to vote against her in the primary.
View Quote

She spoke at my high school graduation 2 years ago.  I'll vouch for her being a nice, attractive woman.  I don't care who is running against her but they got my vote

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Granholm sucks!!!

she's running for govenor too!!! michigan could be in real trouble.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have liked to see Indiana on that list also. We'll have to wait until we boot this governor out of office.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow.  That and $2.25 will get you a small cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow.  That and $2.25 will get you a small cup of coffee at Starbucks.
View Quote

Actually, in South Carolina, in the last year, "that" has gotten us:

1. Legalization of Class 3

2. Expansion of concealed carry laws.

3. ABSOLUTE right of self-defense within the home.

Not bad....not bad at all.

AG's with a Constitution mindset result in laws that recognize Constitutional rights.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Granholm sucks!!!

she's running for govenor too!!! michigan could be in real trouble.
View Quote

That's right.  She sucks at 3600 psi.  We could mail order black powder rifles and pistols again...but she took care of that.  Now we have to pay a tipping fee to the FFL.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Does this include the federal qualifiers that "reasonable restrictions" and bans on guns "prone to criminal misuse" are not 2nd Amendment infringements?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does this include the federal qualifiers that "reasonable restrictions" and bans on guns "prone to criminal misuse" are not 2nd Amendment infringements?
View Quote

Baby steps, my man. Baby steps.

We'll NEVER get to the gun freedoms you and I want in one fell swoop.

We'll get there little by little. BUT without THIS baby step, the rest of the journey will NEVER take place.

Try to take a little happiness out of even a "small" good thing happening.

Otherwise, you destined to a life of unending unhappiness.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad to see that Utah made the list.  I'm slightly surprised with the current governor.  Unfortunately he has turned into a career politician.  Luckily, the rest of the Utah state government is fairly gun friendly.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Georgia did right.  Even one of our democratic senators is pro gun.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Say what you will about Alabama!!!

"Got Guns?"
View Quote

I love Alabama.  I was in Auburn back in March and it was beautiful.  My wife and I seriously considered moving there if we had to leave Texas.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of the states that have signed on are sparsely populated.  People here realize that when you are 30 miles from the nearest law enforcement officer, it's YOUR OWN duty to protect yourself.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Baby steps, my man. Baby steps.

We'll NEVER get to the gun freedoms you and I want in one fell swoop.

We'll get there little by little. BUT without THIS baby step, the rest of the journey will NEVER take place.

Try to take a little happiness out of even a "small" good thing happening.

View Quote

Problem is ever since GCA of 68 it has been 1 big leap forward for gun control for every 1 baby step back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Otherwise has nothing to do with it. [8)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Say what you will about Alabama!!!

"Got Guns?"
View Quote

Bill Pryor is an AWESOME AG! Go Bama!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#22]
hey Lostwildcat, i have something to say about Alabama, YOU CAN ONLY BUY ONE BOX OF AMMO AT A TIME![;D]

Go Tennessee!

I prolly shouldnt comment though, because in TN, incest is best, put your sister to the test![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top