Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:18:15 AM EST
I run a small tech support business and also spend a lot of time on the computer for entertaiment and communication. About 2-3 weeks ago, the ring and small fingers of my mouse hand started hurting right around the base and first knuckle. It's not a serious pain, more like dull ache. Cracking my knuckles helped.

Over the course of two tech support jobs, I spent a lot of time using the mouse - zipping probably 800 files. Now my middle finger is experiencing the same problems as the other two fingers. Also, there's sharper, more intense pain on the underside of my arm, about an inch below the wrist. I should mention I'm only 22, I don't have 40 years of computer wear and tear on my hands.

Ceasing from computer work doesn't seem to alleviate the problem very much. As is typical, using non-prescription pain meds doesn't do crap. Any suggestions for exercises I can do, or other remedies? Or have I completely destroyed my right hand? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure what's coming, so no I will not be dying (of this) in three days or any amount of time, and even if I were, all my possessions will stay with my family.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:20:01 AM EST
I think you know what it is. Best to get it done now, instead of prolonging it and letting it get worse.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:26:48 AM EST
Try one of these...Ergonomic Mouse.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:46:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 6:50:15 AM EST by chrism101]
its from your elbow, and probably tennis elbow... which could more likely now to be called Gamers Elbow.

I had it after getting a new counter height table and using my laptop on it in a 2 week binge of gaming and working.

I still have the numbness in the area you described, it has faded or i have gotten used to it, but its still there.

It is an irritation of the ulnar nerve, possibly some anti inflammatory drugs could help, but if you keep it up it will remain, get worse, and be permanent.

See an orthopedic doc and ask your options.
Top Top