Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 4:31:16 PM EST
I am looking to surprise the missses with dinner tomorrow. I looked in the freezer and I have two Cornish game hens. I need some tips or recipes or advice on what and how. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:37:43 PM EST
I would inject them with Italian dressing (must strain out chunks or will clog injector). Coat them with whatever your version of seasoned salt is.
Then i would deep fry them.
If no fryer available i would put a little salt and pepper on them and bake em at 350. When they are close to being done baste them with butter/margarine. This will brown them and make them pretty.
Jim
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:40:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2007 4:40:28 PM EST by fishngrits]
Stuff, and roast them in the oven. I don't know your level of cooking skill, or what you have on hand. I'd stuff them with oyster dressing, personally. I don't have time to find recipes for you, but I will say that the internets is your friend. Check somewhere like foodnetwork.com, and do a search for Cornish hen. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:26:00 PM EST
I cooked a couple of them last spring on the rotisserie on my BBQ grill. Turned out great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:31:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2007 6:33:04 PM EST by VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS]
Last time I prepared them, I made a Chinese black bean marinade and roasted them very slowly. I served them with Israeli couscous and cilantro and scallion. A little salad of citrus (oranges and grapefruit), plums, jicama, mint and a plum wine and chili dressing

or just split them, brine them, dry and grill them.
Top Top