Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:55:33 AM EDT
Don't usually get involved in these types of debates but this one is just fucked up.

www.nbc10.com/education/2712441/detail.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:03:07 AM EDT
You for got the poll, 90% againist her, Me too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:03:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 7:06:29 AM EDT by FLAL1A]
Well, until about 2 weeks the 1st Amendment was universally held to require that government regulation of expression could not be predicated on the content of the message. It doesn't look like the school (read government) was responsible for preparation and installation of the creche, so there's no Establishment Clause issue in play. Looks like another stupid, mail-order degreed, administrative slut hunting for a plaque in the Liberal Halfwit Hall of Fame. Edited to add "Davis said Kwanzaa isn't a religious holiday and the Menorah is much of a cultural symbol as it is a religious symbol. 'Judaism is not just a religion, it's a culture, also,' Davis said. 'I felt that the nativity scene was definitely promoting Christianity.' Point 1. Christianity is the essential fact of western/European civilization. Point 2. Maybe some clever lad will bring in a model of a Sepoy strapped to a cannon muzzle to celebrate Anglo-Saxon culture.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:08:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:37:07 AM EDT
Just something that made an impression on me, I felt pretty good about what I saw the other night. I live in a predominately Jewish section of the Lower East Side. One evening I was standing outside on the sidewalk in front of the Chinese kitchen waiting for my order, next to me is Frank's Bike Shop. Every year, Frank takes the bikes out of his window display and puts together a beautiful Christmas/Winter window display with trains, sledders and all sorts of holiday stuff...well on this particular evening, a Hasidic father with his kids (about 5 of them) were looking at Franks window display...The expression of happiness on their faces as they watched all the moving pieces in the window was priceless. Here we have two different walks of life but, to those kids, all the politics and religion for those few moments were completely erased. And instead of me perceiveing them as little men wearing suits, they were kids for those few moments. I think people forget that this time of year is really for the kids, and us adults should act like adults and not spoil it for them with so-called 'political correctness'. I'll take a picture tonight of Franks window display and post it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:39:34 AM EDT
[peep]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:56:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By StariVojnik: I think people forget that this time of year is really for the kids, and us adults should act like adults and not spoil it for them with so-called 'political correctness'.
View Quote
This holds true for much more than just this time of year. "Life" is spoiled do to being forced to comply with political correctness. We would all be much happier if we could be ourselves without having to worry about how our actions will be percieved by the good goodies that seem to have so much influence over our lives today. All those idiots can just FOAD as far as I am concerned...[moon]
Top Top