User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:46:44 AM EDT
This is an email I just received from Ebay:

Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:17 AM
To: niceguymr
Subject: MC036 eBay Listing Removed:

eBay sent this message to (niceguymr).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
MC036 eBay Listing Removed:

Dear niceguymr,

You recently listed the following listing:

New Orleans Astor Crown Plaza French Quarter FREE NIGHT

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

Lodging certificates can be offered only by the lodging service providers themselves or by an authorized charity. Private third-party individuals are not permitted to list them.

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/items-ov.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust and Safety team

Why eBay may remove your listing:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Fuck Ebay and Fuck BHO.

Unfortunately, I'll still be using Ebay anyway for other stuff

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I've tried to avoid eBay as much as possible in the past few years.

Forcing you to use PayPal drives me nuts too.  They not only raised their auction fees astronomically, but they skim another few percent from the seller through PayPal.  eBay took their market dominance and alienated a lot of potential sellers in the past few years.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've tried to avoid eBay as much as possible in the past few years.

Forcing you to use PayPal drives me nuts too.  They not only raised their auction fees astronomically, but they skim another few percent from the seller through PayPal.  eBay took their market dominance and alienated a lot of potential sellers in the past few years.

yep I would buy/sell 100+ items a year on ebay

in the last 3 years  I have bought/sold maybe 3 items

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You're trying to sell a free night somewhere?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quit whining and go take your tutorial.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The auction was for a gift certificate good for one free night for $75.  There was no trickery involved.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The auction was for a gift certificate good for one free night for $75.  There was no trickery involved.

Have you been there before? Range report maybe?

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top