Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2014 9:40:47 PM EDT
Anyone running 5.0 yet?  I just flashed my Nexus 5 and I must say...I like it!

I really like the new Google Calendar update along with the new multitasking layout.  I also really dig the new notification screens and showing notifications on your lock screen.  That was a huge improvement over 4.4.4
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm planning on flashing my G3 soon, just haven't gotten around to it. Supposedly it is much more efficient and there is a dramatic increase in battery life.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm planning on flashing my G3 soon, just haven't gotten around to it. Supposedly it is much more efficient and there is a dramatic increase in battery life.
View Quote
I want the G3    Or the new Moto X.  Just can't justify spending the money....salad days and all

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting for the OTA update to hit my Nexus 7s.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to on my OnePlus but I'll probably just wait for CM to release their official update. They quoted less than 3 months from release - so I can deal with that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Who knows when the hell my Moto Maxx HD (XT1080) will get the update...  Fuckin Verizon sucks.

The update to 4.4.4 (23.3.24) SUCKS!  It has killed my wifi, battery, contacts settings...  terrible.

My Maxx was a great phone til VZW put this shit out...  They may get to eat this one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, got 2 2014 Nexus 7s I am waiting to upgrade
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Just flashed it on my moms 2012 Nexus 7. I don't have an Android right now but I wanted to try it out so I convinced her to let me do it on hers.

waiting for it to boot right now....

ETA: Maybe it's just the clean install but it feels faster on the tablet. Pretty good for an old device.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
well one of my nexus 7's got the update tonight, now waiting on the other one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nice, is it the newer gen or first gen?  I've got a first gen up and running waiting on the OTA.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nice, is it the newer gen or first gen?  I've got a first gen up and running waiting on the OTA.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In true Arfcom fashion, I have both. The 2013 got the update, still waiting for the first gen to get it.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

In true Arfcom fashion, I have both. The 2013 got the update, still waiting for the first gen to get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice!  I will probably flash mine this weekend if it doesn't receive the OTA by then.   Interested to see how it performs with Lollipop.  My N7 has been kinda laggy and crappy lately.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Where dafuq did tabs go in Chrome?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Each tab is its own app in the multitask drawer.  Takes some getting used to.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#16]
No OTA for my Nexus 5 or 7 yet. Anyone who is using TWRP get the update yet? I don't want to break my recovery.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
No OTA for either of my Nexus (5/7) devices. So I went ahead and did an adb sideload to upgrade the nexus 7 to 5.0. Impressive update.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Same here. Got tired of waiting for the update on my nexus 7 2013. Installed lollipop using adb sideload.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Nothing on my g2 yet
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nothing on my g2 yet
View Quote

You won't get it until your carrier fills it with bloatware and decides you can have it.

Or you can root your phone, install custom recovery, and flash it at will.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You won't get it until your carrier fills it with bloatware and decides you can have it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing on my g2 yet

Did ask that with previous phones.  Nothing spectacular do not to queued abit it any more
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This kills the deal for me.  nexus 7 gen 1.  

Is there a work around?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Backup your data first if you're going to sideload.  Unlike an OTA update you will lose everything.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#24]
The OTA popped up on my Nexus5 but I don't want to upgrade just yet (heard you lose silent mode WTF?),  it will not clear out the notification either!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The OTA popped up on my Nexus5 but I don't want to upgrade just yet (heard you lose silent mode WTF?),  it will not clear out the notification either!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My mothers Nexus 5 still has silent mode.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Backup your data first if you're going to sideload.  Unlike an OTA update you will lose everything.

Weird - I sideloaded an OTA downloaded from Google and didn't lose anything when I had an N5. Didn't feel like waiting for the update
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
No actually the silent mode exists and is actually more robust

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This not the case?
http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-silent-mode
If you try to put your Android 5.0 phone into silent mode by turning down the volume, you will find something strange happens. The lowest level you can set the volume to is 1. Hit the volume down button one more time and your phone will switch to vibrate mode – there is no option to have the volume set to 0 and disable vibration. Well, there is, but it's not ideal.

or these:
http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-problems-and-solutions
there's no options other than Power Off when you long press the Power button, and the status bar ticker – that little scrolling preview of notifications – has been killed with fire in the latest version of Android

Here is a mention of the Chrome thing:
Chrome Browser on Lollipop is set by default to store new tabs in the recent apps list, but for many this represents one of the biggest Lollipop fails of all. Fortunately, all you need to do is head to your Chrome settings and disable ''merge tabs and apps'' to return to the more familiar ''number in a box in the URL bar'' that brings up your tab list as it always has.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm running it on my Google Nexus 7 (2012). Looks pretty cool.

Awaiting the image for my HTC One M7 GPe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Did you get am ota update?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you get am ota update?  
Nope. Downloaded the image from Google and loaded with with ADB and fastboot. Using TeamWin for recovery

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Sideloaded 5.0 on my Nexus 5. There's definitely no silent mode. I'm still trying to figure out the new interface. It looks good so far.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sideloaded 5.0 on my Nexus 5. There's definitely no silent mode. I'm still trying to figure out the new interface. It looks good so far.
View Quote

Lollypop has a few known bugs for devices that don't ship with it and the silent mode issue is one they're aware of I believe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Lollypop has a few known bugs for devices that don't ship with it and the silent mode issue is one they're aware of I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure why everyone thinks silent mode doesn't exist unless I'm confusing it with something else. Turn volume down and press none; that will completely silent your phone until you turn up the volume

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Wonder when the Motorola Droid Raxr HD is going to get it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not sure why everyone thinks silent mode doesn't exist unless I'm confusing it with something else. Turn volume down and press none; that will completely silent your phone until you turn up the volume  

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/jomal206/Screenshot_2014-11-22-19-18-54_zpsx2sqcfe0.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/jomal206/Screenshot_2014-11-22-19-18-54_zpsx2sqcfe0.png

Why should I have to even touch the screen?  The volume rocker should do it.  If I have to touch the screen there should be a mute widget on the main drop down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Why should I have to even touch the screen?  The volume rocker should do it.  If I have to touch the screen there should be a mute widget on the main drop down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what the "none" button is for

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want to on my OnePlus but I'll probably just wait for CM to release their official update. They quoted less than 3 months from release - so I can deal with that.
View Quote

That. Love my OPO.  The CM version of Lollipop will likely be fucking cool.

I did pick up a Nexus 9 when it came out, to replace my second gen N7. I like the aspect ratio and size of the display better.. and I never watch movies on it so the 16:9 aspect ratio of the N7 never really did anything for me. It was annoying to browse with a long, narrow browser. The N9 is perfect for me. L on it seems pretty nice. It was a little laggy when switching apps and such, but they rolled out an update a few days ago that greatly improves that behavior. Battery life may not be as good as the N7, but you're driving a bigger screen.

I think L with all the CM goodies thrown in will be great.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

After using 5.0 for a while, I'm certain that not having a silent mode on the volume rocker is intentional. I can't tell you the number of times I've accidentally put my phone on silent without noticing. The new layout solves that and adds a lot of functionality. It's a big improvement.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing on my g2 yet

Why droid will never win.... The developer tools are terrible compared to iOS and WinPhone too doesnt help...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#40]
I have yet to receive the OTA update for my Nexus 7 2013.

I'm not really sure how that Priority thing works overall. It seems like sometimes (at night, or when I sit it on the charger) it goes into Priority mode. The star shows up for no reason that I can tell.

I don't know if there's somewhere that I can see all existing priority apps and schedules or what. Kind of made me nervous to keep using my phone as my alarm clock, but no issues so far.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I got the ota upgrade on my bone stock 2012 N7 and it absolutely bricked it.

I now have probably 5% functionality out if it, complete with a keyboard that takes ten seconds to load, random reboots, and clunky slow graphics.  I tried turning off Google Now per some of the other bug reports and it helped a little, but the N7 is essentially unusable.

Not a happy camper...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who knows when the hell my Moto Maxx HD (XT1080) will get the update...  Fuckin Verizon sucks.

The update to 4.4.4 (23.3.24) SUCKS!  It has killed my wifi, battery, contacts settings...  terrible.

My Maxx was a great phone til VZW put this shit out...  They may get to eat this one.
View Quote

the above.... all of a sudden I go to 5-8 hours of battery life.... it's horrible

hope they get an update out soon that fixes it
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I now have probably 5% functionality out if it, complete with a keyboard that takes ten seconds to load, random reboots, and clunky slow graphics.  I tried turning off Google Now per some of the other bug reports and it helped a little, but the N7 is essentially unusable.

Not a happy camper...
View Quote
Maybe I shouldn't upgrade mine then...I've been waiting on the OTA to come across

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not a happy camper...
View Quote

How is it after a data wipe?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe I shouldn't upgrade mine then...I've been waiting on the OTA to come across  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a happy camper...

I would strongly recommend against it on a 2012 N7 until the bugs get worked out.

Quoted:

Haven't tried a full wipe yet as I read that it doesn't really help but who knows.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I would strongly recommend against it on a 2012 N7 until the bugs get worked out.
Haven't tried a full wipe yet as I read that it doesn't really help but who knows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a happy camper...

Quoted:

It was slow and choppy on my N7 2012 initially after the update. So I did a full wipe and reinstalled my apps, no problems now. Its not as smooth running as it is on my 2013N7, but it works just fine. For a 3 year old device and a brand new OS, I cant complain.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top