Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 8:02:38 AM EDT
American spirit arms uppers cheaper than BM or Armalite. ? Qhality?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen some in person at their gun show table, and they look to be good quality.
A few weeks later,at the range, I saw a lady shooting an OLY lower/ASA match upper and she was shooting a single ragged hole at 100 yds. She loved it and I was impressed ( and embarassed that my AR doesn't shoot that good!)
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
See what it takes to bring me out of Lurk mode.  Someone about to make a terrible mistake.  Check out the ASA forum.  Thse should be avoided at all cost.  Quality control is unreliable at best.  The owner is a grade A Jerk who could care less about Gun owners and constantly give the finger to any rules or Regs (ok so there is something good about him)  Price is not different enough to justify getting an ASA over a BM or DPMS, or even an OLY
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
How about Oly? How do they compair to BM. Web address?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If I had to rank current major AR manufacturers:

BM
Armalite
Colt
DPMS
Rock River
Oly

ASA
Hesse
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I had to rank current major AR manufacturers:

BM
Armalite
Colt
DPMS
Rock River
Oly

ASA

Bud,
Have you ever held/shot/seen a RRA AR?  It seems to be VERY odd that ALL of the LEGP owners rate the RRA higher then Bushmaster that you list as #1.

Hesse
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just glad that my Oly is in with the 'good guys', and not down there with ASA, and especially down there with Hesse!  *Whew!!!!*

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't live far from ASA and on a couple of occasions I had runs in with the owner Bob.

I had a spare, beat down lower and decided to put  a cheap upper on it  just to have a plicker to abuse. I got an ASA  SS/BB 22" complete upper from them and took it to the range.  I broke in the barrel with 20 rounds in rapid fire and then I sighted in the scope in with another 20 rounds at 25, 100 and 200 yrds. To my surprise I was able to shoot 8 out of 9 rounds at 200 yrds in .75", 2 holes touching.
At 300 yrds I had no problem hitting a 6X6" target all day lond. I shoots MUCH better than my other AR15 that I put over $700 in add ons.
This may be an exception from the rule or Murphy is around me but this is one of the most accurate AR 15 so far.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
the handguards ive seen on ASA guns dont look to be USGI, they look like taiwan junk
i know there free floaters are from taiwan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top