Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 9:00:51 AM EDT
ON EDIT-Damn Never mind it's out dated.

I found this while looking at wisconsin gun laws.
MACHINE GUNS

The definition of a machine gun includes a weapon of any description by whatever name known which was manufactured to discharge more than two shots or bullets by a single function of the firing device.

Any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city or the sheriff of any county may sell, possess, use, or transport a machine gun. State law shall not prohibit or interfere with . . . the possession of a machine gun other than one adapted to use pistol cartridges, for a purpose manifestly not aggressive or offensive.

So if i somehow was able to get a two round burst kit for the AR by wisconsin law it's not a machine gun, But what about as far as NFA does it violate that? I guess the up front answer is yes but I'm not up on all the NFA stuff. But even than it would probably be illegal to do since my AR is a post ban right? Just wondering because I think it would be a cool feature. So anyone got any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
But damn now i got another question. To me this reads that it's illegal to own a machine gun in this state if your not an LEO or in the military, But I know thats not true, but it seems like it could be "interpreted" that way. Can anyone break down the legalspeak and explain to me where it says civilians can own machine guns. These are wisconsin state statutes.
941.26 Machine guns and other weapons; use in certain cases; penalty. (1) (a) No person may sell, possess, use or transport any machine gun or other full automatic firearm.

So this says you can't.

941.27 Machine guns. (1) DEFINITION. In ss. 941.25 and 941.26, “machine gun” means any of the following: (a) Any weapon that shoots, is designed to shoot or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, with-out manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.(b) The frame or receiver of any weapon described under par.(a) or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting
a weapon into a weapon described under par. (a).
(c) Any combination of parts from which a weapon described under par. (a) can be assembled if those parts are in the possession
or under the control of a person.

(2) EXCEPTIONS. Sections 941.25 and 941.26 shall not prohibit or interfere with the manufacture for, and sale of, machine guns
to the military forces or the peace officers of the United States or of any political subdivision thereof, or the transportation required for that purpose; the possession of a machine gun for scientific
purpose, or the possession of a machine gun not usable as a weapon and possessed as a curiosity, ornament or keepsake; or the
possession of a machine gun other than one adapted to use pistol cartridges for a purpose manifestly not aggressive or offensive.
History: 1977 c. 173; 1991 a. 137; 1999 a. 85.

But than the last part of this one implies that well if your going to use it in a way thats not bad than you can have one. so which is it I mean out of the gate it's illegal, unless your not going to use it in a criminal manner than it's ok. So who here can translate this stuff? And the pistol cartridge thing gets me two because I know guys with FA uzi's and MP5's and such. This shit don't make sence.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever think about posting this in the legal forum?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ever think about posting this in the legal forum?

SGtar15
View Quote

nope
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top