Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2001 10:26:59 AM EDT
I know this is a little OT for AR15's, but this the only forum I know of with good folks with some knowledge. Anyways, to my question...... I just picked up a NIB Ruger 10/22 and am unable to get the damn thing apart to clean her up before trying her out. The instructions that came with it are sketchy at best. I have pulled off the barrel band and loosened up the srcew in the forend (as per directions and have double checked all of it) and I am unable to get the receiver out. Any suggestions????? Thanks in advance.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It takes a little fiddling with to get it off. Make sure the safety is in between safe and fire; ie in the middle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Put the safety button half-way between on-safe and off-safe, i.e. centered in the trigger guard.  THIS IS IMPORTANT to prevent damage to your furniture.

If the barrel band is removed and the forend screw is loose (it's captive), the receiver should now lift right out of the stock.

If it doesn't fall right apart, maybe it's gummed up with grease.  There's nothing else to hold the receiver and stock together.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to make sure you take out the receiver screw which is just to the front of the magazine well. If the thing still won't come out after centering the safety, with your left hand grab the top rear of the receiver and with your right hand, stike downwards on the comb of the stock. That should be enough to pop it loose.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top