Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/25/2022 11:39:20 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

This is the results thread but also to talk about the event and share pictures.

I’d like to thank all of you for coming to the 2nd HL event. I
got to see some friends and make some new ones.

I want to give a huge thank you to my staff. Dre, Ling Ling,
Dryden, Curtis, Nick, Harry, Wally and DHR. The kitchen help was
amazing. My folks, Baja and HDLS kept everyone from going hungry. This year went very smooth and that’s because you guys.

A special shout-out to GAhunter95 and Iguana775 for bringing pulled pork and Brisket.

Let’s see some times:

1. Mustangduckk 19:50 (Overall winner)
2. R3LOAD 22:12
3. Daddy’s Girl 22:32
4. Iguana775 29:14
5. Wally5 31:06
6. Tactical_Runner 31:16
7. CesSnap 32:05 (Top Combat)
8. Not2TopNotch 33:50
9. DwDal 34:50
10. NoturLawyer 36:11
11. The Gunslinger 36:42 (Combat)
12. HDLS 37:01 (Combat)
13. cwar_USA 37:28 (Combat)
14. GAhunter95 38:36
15. DHR 39:41 (High Night)
16. RedRhino 40:20
17. CKing101 41:19
18. Firecat308 41:20
19. IcrpdMyself 43:08 (Combat)
20. Binary_Operator 43:39 (Night Combat)
21. bFrapps 46:20
22. OzMtnDoc 49:14 (Combat)
23. Skinny04 49:18
24. RadBaron 50:22
25. RodRunner 50:57
26. SBD 51:30
27. Glockos 53:05
28. RedRhinos +1 53:46
29. Stopper 54:36
30. treine5m 55:04
31. BuckAngel 55:13
32. TGE 55:20
33. Klobbenstein 55:52 (Combat)
34. LingLing 59:08 (Combat)
35. WhipLashX 60:06
36. YakRat101 60:35 (Night Combat)
37. Boobaloo 65:30 (High Woman)
38. Slarti 66:36 (Combat)
39. PencilTip 66:55 (Lady)
40. PoesZombie 69:00 (Combat)
41. FiveOaks 76:20
42. OTPHandy 82:57
43. BinnyTalls 88:20 (Night)
44. Bartman 88:45 (Combat)
45. PWA_Commando 93:25 (Combat)
46. BajaGringo 100:21
47. Teriyaki 100:50
48. KimboSlice 117:58 (Lady)
49. tmmy16 120:40
50. Tomorrow442 124:30
51. ShortStack 189:20 (Lady)

Obstacle failure breakdown.

Obstacle 1: The rope climb. A little higher this year and the #1 killer. Over half could not complete. 27 kills.

Obstacle 2: A cement cylinder roughly 20-25 lbs thrown through a paracord gap 18”. 9 kills.

Obstacle 3: Weighted sled pull. 250-270lbs rope pull till chain is taught pull back with chain. 3 kills.

Obstacle 4: Steel balance beam over and back. This will be more difficult next year. 3 kills.

Obstacle 5: high and low rope water crossing, hands had to stay on the rope for a pass(the most entertaining obstacle). 5 kills.

A huge shout out to all of our sponsors!

417TapHouse
03Screwlariat
Abe and Moe
Aim Surplus
ALG Defense
Arisaka
Arson Machine
ATF Convenience Store
Craddock Precision
Criterion Barrels
Cutting Edge Designs
Damn Yankee Kydek
DeeZee
EoTech
EssTac
FCD
Geissele
HDLS
Holdway Customs
Jolly Green Juan
Keep.Clear.Design
MOA Targets
Night Solutions LLC
NightVisionInc
Rev-Tac Firearm Instruction
SBF Custom Kydek
Taters Welding
Wilson Trailer Co
Zero Day Consulting

Share your prize pictures
Attachment Attached File

If you don’t know what this is about, click here
HeartLand

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
In....
What an awesome event.

I had a blast, did much better than my previous cola appearances, made new friends, saw old ones, ran wet combat, and got fed like a king!!!!

Thx to Cessnap, all the staff and the range owner....it was fun...
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks everyone who made this happen. It was super fun and I finally got Top Night!

I have some thermal vids to post whenever I get time to do them.

I'll post pics some time later too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Was a super good time. Will post more photos soon.
Attachment Attached File

How it started, how it ended
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats Mustangduckk!

Looks like another great event!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job, duck!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice job, duck!
View Quote

Sorry your had to drop man, it was a great event and you were missed.

Thanks to Cessnap, staff, kitchen team, RevTac, sponsors, and everyone else that makes these things what they are.

The Geissele family and the rest of the sponsors were incredibly generous with the prizes as always.

What a great event!  If anyone is on the fence about going to one of these, I promise you won’t regret making it happen.  

More pics inbound soon.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Also, BinaryOperator deserves commendations for absolutely smoking everyone at the .22 charity side match at both day and night. I think I could have ran that back to back all night, and there’s no way I was beating his 17 flat at night, in plates.

Well done!

Maybe Rob got some pics or video under thermal?

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
14th place.  

I couldn’t do the rope, even though I had practiced that. Much disappoint.  2+3 were great obstacles. Really enjoyed them.  I was still winded from sled drag so my actual run was pathetic.  Need to work on cardio recovery.  Shooting was fun.  Curtis was a great RO.  Sodas caught a little sunshine and were much warmer than I’d like.  10 mins of penalty there.  Ugh. Heckling was good and consistent for all runners, but after doing 12 of these events I can tune y’all out even though you are trying hard.  lol

Once again, great event!  Very nice facility. Food was outstanding and the people there were even better.   Host’s parents were there helping out.   It was like having grandma on staff, but her job was making sure you got enough to eat. Lol

The event was run very efficiently.  Strong work.  

I would highly recommend that you put HL 3 on your to-do list for 2023.  I know I will.  

All the swag that followed me home.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Another great cola war in the books!

Congrats to Mustangdukk, Boobaloo, and DirtyHandsRob on your respective wins. Well earned and well done!

Big Thanks to Cessnap for hosting and Rev-Tac for letting us use their excellent range facilities.

Also thanks to staff, for your hard work keeping things running smoothly, and to all the sponsors for their incredible generosity.

To all the cola bros and sisters, you’re what makes cola warrior such an incredible event, I miss all of you already and looking forward to cola warring with you in the future. I love you cola warriors!

Finally got the elusive (to me) clean run and did it running combat class which makes it even more rewarding, still improvements to be made though, and the hunt for a top 10 continues.  

Thanks ORJeepdude for getting some good pics of my run.

Esstac Daeodon is best combat class PC and OG ATF/C store hat best run hat.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
14th place.  

I couldn’t do the rope, even though I had practiced that. Much disappoint.  2+3 were great obstacles. Really enjoyed them.  I was still winded from sled drag so my actual run was pathetic.  Need to work on cardio recovery.  Shooting was fun.  Curtis was a great RO.  Sodas caught a little sunshine and were much warmer than I’d like.  10 mins of penalty there.  Ugh. Heckling was good and consistent for all runners, but after doing 12 of these events I can tune y’all out even though you are trying hard.  lol

Once again, great event!  Very nice facility. Food was outstanding and the people there were even better.   Host’s parents were there helping out.   It was like having grandma on staff, but her job was making sure you got enough to eat. Lol

I would highly recommend that you put HL 3 on your to-do list for 2023.  I know I will.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128278/20090397-0A84-48D0-B329-7F89B27E924A_jpe-2538779.JPG
View Quote

Fucking Malort!

It's been six months...I can still taste it!

Thanks Whiskerz  
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

West Coast Yo!

Late night drunk cooking grilled cheeses at Cola is best cooking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks again for making all that cheesy goodness! ??
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like an awesome time. Super jealous.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Also, BinaryOperator deserves commendations for absolutely smoking everyone at the .22 charity side match at both day and night. I think I could have ran that back to back all night, and there’s no way I was beating his 17 flat at night, in plates.

Well done!

Maybe Rob got some pics or video under thermal?

View Quote

Congrants on the win @MustangDuckk!

Rob may have thermal video; there may also be some video on the Sionyx someone handed Rob that I was intermittently recording with while you guys were running the .22 match. I don't know who owns the Sionyx.

Big thanks to host, staff, kitchen crew, donors and sponsors for another great Cola!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to the hosts, range owner, staff, sponsors, and fellow warriors.  Another great event and weekend with awesome people.

Duck- I have your run recorded. I’ll get it uploaded and share the links.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like an awesome time. Super jealous.
View Quote

Wish you could’ve made it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
14th place.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128278/20090397-0A84-48D0-B329-7F89B27E924A_jpe-2538779.JPG
View Quote

Why is the Malort bottle full ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fucking Malort!

Thanks Whiskerz  
View Quote

Glad to help
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Had a great time hanging out with all you silly gooses.  Sucked to go to work on thursday but was great to come back to see everything had been running smooth as silk.  Had a rough run but found things I want to work hard on to improve myself.  Even with my terrible run I was able to bring home a ssae-x which I am really excited about and can't wait to get out to the range to try.

Kimbo had a good time and only yelled at me for eating too much once or twice.  After getting back home we played with other scopes in the safe and think after some more range time she will get her first rifle target.  I will go through more pictures and post up with some videos later.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Glad to help
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking Malort!

Thanks Whiskerz  

Glad to help

Well, how bad was it really since you, m35ben and myself finished off the bottle?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

CWSE7
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Rob earning dat green pin-

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Shoutout to @JasonTTKA I finally got to use the beverage you brought me to Keystone. It was my fastest chug ever. Thanks for the hookup!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Another incredible event in the books.

Huge thanks to RevTac for having us and allowing all the misery.  Staff kept runners smiling and made sure we had a great event.  Big big thanks to Cess's parents for helping to keep us fed and the kitchen clean.  Your efforts did not go unnoticed.

HDLS and Baja are chefs in the kitchen!  Can't forget Cess Chili and cinnamon rolls...which we definitely don't eat together in Texas (but I love it).  Can you imagine a resturant where only Cola Warrior food is sold?  It would crush the competition bigly.

Thank you to all of our sponsors!  We appreciate all of the prizes and I really enjoy getting the custom/one-off prizes.

Congrats to Mustangdukk for the win (Did you know this was his first daytime run?).  You deserve it man.  You'll notice in my run video that I experienced a ton of rifle malfunctions.  Not sure what's going on there.  We diagnosed I have some worn gas rings on the bolt, and the rifle needs a good clean/lube, but I'm not sure that's the whole story.  I'll need to take the rifle apart and figure out what's going on.

Cola Warrior is so fun.  Glad to hang with some old friends and make new ones.  Great job to the noobs that showed up and cleared obstacle 0.  See y'all around!

Cola Warrior Heartland 2 Run
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#43]
This was an incredible event from the moment we pulled into the range to the time we left. Huge thanks to Cessnap for running the show. The sponsors donations boggled my mind as always. All the staff were great, and big thanks as well to the ROs, even the mean one. Gotta thank HDLS and Bajagringo for all the cooking, GA hunter for the smoked pork butts, Grandma and Piper for all the food service, and I'm probably missing others here but I tried to say thank you in person to everyone. Food was great at every meal. This was my brother's first event, and he said he expected more like powdered eggs and a burned piece of bacon like he got in the army. The chili and tortillas and pulled pork and brisket and everything else kinda blew him away lol.

Weather was perfect, the location was absolutely gorgeous, and the company was... OK, I guess

Congrats to mustangduckk, Boobaloo and FlirtyHandsRob for their respective wins.

Cant wait for next year (and not using a LaRue trigger ever again btw), this was definitely one of my favorite events ever. My brother is hooked too, has been asking about the next Cola already and we'll be getting his new mk16 rail set up soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I can do a brisket again next year. Or wings and ribs. Or both?  Smoked wings and ribs are fabulous
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

….
Did you know this was his first daytime run?

View Quote

I would like to point out that I have a 100% win ratio during the day.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This was an incredible event from the moment we pulled into the range to the time we left. Huge thanks to Cessnap for running the show. The sponsors donations boggled my mind as always. All the staff were great, and big thanks as well to the ROs, even the mean one. Gotta thank HDLS and Bajagringo for all the cooking, GA hunter for the smoked pork butts, Grandma and Piper for all the food service, and I'm probably missing others here but I tried to say thank you in person to everyone. Food was great at every meal. This was my brother's first event, and he said he expected more like powdered eggs and a burned piece of bacon like he got in the army. The chili and tortillas and pulled pork and brisket and everything else kinda blew him away lol.

Weather was perfect, the location was absolutely gorgeous, and the company was... OK, I guess

Congrats to mustangduckk, Boobaloo and FlirtyHandsRob for their respective wins.

Cant wait for next year (and not using a LaRue trigger ever again btw), this was definitely one of my favorite events ever. My brother is hooked too, has been asking about the next Cola already and we'll be getting his new mk16 rail set up soon.
View Quote

Hope you were able to grab a trigger of the table. Love my trigger in my rifle.

Now I need to get an ADM lower and receiver to go with my cola rail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can do a brisket again next year. Or wings and ribs. Or both?  Smoked wings and ribs are fabulous
View Quote
Ahhhhhh! I didn't know who did the brisket. Man, it was excellent so thank you!

Yes to all questions above plz and thx
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got several Gs from prior events but for whatever reason I missed swapping one into this gun. I've done my last 3 or 4 runs with an SSA-E and will do that 100% going forward.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ahhhhhh! I didn't know who did the brisket. Man, it was excellent so thank you!

Yes to all questions above plz and thx
View Quote

Thanks!  I was worried about reheating it up and drying out. Turned out pretty good even by my standards with smoking meats
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

CWSE7
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CWSE7

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top