Posted: 9/28/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
|
Just finished re watching it and they do a good job with it.
I can only hope the force awakens sequel is good as well. |
|
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif |
|
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif RO is a great show with tremendous depth. Great story of sacrifice. |
|
Quoted:
Its was a little preachy in places. Dovetails great with the rest of the movies but works as a stand alone for multiple reasons. Foremost is that you are introduced to a whole new band of characters that are all dead by the end of the movie. I think if the story had ended any other way it would have detracted from it. They all knew what they were doing when they got on the ship. They all knew going home was not likely, and they used that for motivation. Honestly I don't know of another war story similar, where a suicide mission is the only hope. |
|
Quoted:
Its was a little preachy in places. Dovetails great with the rest of the movies but works as a stand alone for multiple reasons. Foremost is that you are introduced to a whole new band of characters that are all dead by the end of the movie. Everybody dies, so in the next movies you'd think "Well shit, the good guys might not make it out of this one either |
|
Quoted:
It's held up well in my book--I've watched it three times, MUCH more so than any of the movies which followed the original three... I know they'll keep putting out the episodic movies but it would be GREAT if they would do more of the side movies. Especially if they are as well done as Rogue One. |
|
Quoted:
X2 I know they'll keep putting out the episodic movies but it would be GREAT if they would do more of the side movies. Especially if they are as well done as Rogue One. Quoted:
Quoted:
It's held up well in my book--I've watched it three times, MUCH more so than any of the movies which followed the original three... I know they'll keep putting out the episodic movies but it would be GREAT if they would do more of the side movies. Especially if they are as well done as Rogue One. Disney bought a money tree from George Lucas. |
|
I thought it was alright, not great. Some things were cool, some were cheesy. Reprogrammed droid was my favorite, other than seeing stardestroyers in the atmosphere and whatnot
Not sure why everyone had to die though. It makes sense in the movie and I enjoyed it, but just because they weren't mentioned in other movies doesn't mean they had to die. They could have done other minor missions while the rest of the main characters were doing their thing |
|
Quoted:
I love Rogue One. The only good Star Wars film since the original trilogy. |
|
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif |
|
Quoted:
It stands out because it's more of a war movie than a space fantasy. In most of the other Star Wars films the empire and the rebels feel like sports teams in a game instead of factions in a catastrophic civil war. |
|
Quoted:
All of this. The multicultural band of heroes was fucking stupid. Buddhist monk force worshiping fruit loops and ERMERGERD POWERFERL WERMEN!!! Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif |
|
Quoted:
You and the guy below you should get a room, since neither of you seem to be able to enjoy anything without running it through your ideological prisms first. You both sound like a couple of crotchety dinosaurs, pining for the days gone by when John Wayne ruled the silver screen. Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif If you ever have an AT-AT sneak up on you. You are literally retarded. I'd say it's about as good as Terminator: Salvation. |
|
Quoted:
My understanding is that it's going to alternate year by year. You get an episodic one year, side movie the next. Disney bought a money tree from George Lucas. |
|
I liked it better than TFA, all the prequels, and the stupid Ewok one.
What follows is not worth reading. It's just an old guy rambling about Star Wars shit. Please ignore. Rogue One felt like real Star Wars to me. I saw the first 3 movies in the theater when they came out, and it's been a lonnnng dry spell for good, solid Star Wars content. TFA was OK too. I'm hoping the new one will be better though. We'll see... For me, Luke was always the most annoying character. When I was a kid, I guess I liked him, but man, his acting sucked. Hopefully Mark Hamill has taken some acting lessons since the 1970's (I tried to leave the apostrophe out W-G, but the spell-checker in Chrome wanted it there). I saw him in some movie not too long ago, where he was a professor or something. He didn't do much acting, but what he did kind of sucked. Kingsman, maybe? I warned you. |
|
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass. Boring plot, boring no-talent actors. Totally sucked. Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero. Multiculturalism, feminism, yay! Defeat those evil racist white men. http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif Rogue One is one of my favorite Star Wars movies and I've been a fan since I was like 6. I watch it pretty much weekly. |
|
Quoted:
They make good points in most of their reviews. I was going to watch the Ghostbusters 2016 review but I never got around to it. Quoted:
Quoted:
Look up the redlettermedia review of it. I like it, but they make some good points that criticize it was a standalone movie. I was going to watch the Ghostbusters 2016 review but I never got around to it. The Ghostbusters one is great. |
| I enjoyed it when I saw it. It felt like Star Wars to me, unlike episodes I-III. That said there was nothing in the story that makes me want to watch it again. If filled a gap in the story nicely but nothing in the action or the characters was really captivating enough to make me want to watch it again. |
|
Quoted:
Is this the same film that is currently on Netflix? ![]() Honest Trailers - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |
|
Oh yeah, my mistake. Rogue One was the best movie since The Godfather.
Brilliant, emotional film packed with A-list talent. Powerful film, powerful film. ___________________________________________________________________________________________ No seriously though, it sucked. It plays like a movie that was Frankensteined together in the cutting room.....which it was. That's why almost nothing from the trailers ended up in the final cut. I didn't care one bit about the main character or the two gay chinamen. By the end I was rooting for the Empire. Even their deaths were boring. Absolute rubbish. Dross. Rogue One makes the movie "Son in Law" with Pauly Shore look like Citizen Kane. |
|
Quoted:
I liked it better than TFA, all the prequels, and the stupid Ewok one. What follows is not worth reading. It's just an old guy rambling about Star Wars shit. Please ignore. Rogue One felt like real Star Wars to me. I saw the first 3 movies in the theater when they came out, and it's been a lonnnng dry spell for good, solid Star Wars content. TFA was OK too. I'm hoping the new one will be better though. We'll see... For me, Luke was always the most annoying character. When I was a kid, I guess I liked him, but man, his acting sucked. Hopefully Mark Hamill has taken some acting lessons since the 1970's (I tried to leave the apostrophe out W-G, but the spell-checker in Chrome wanted it there). I saw him in some movie not too long ago, where he was a professor or something. He didn't do much acting, but what he did kind of sucked. Kingsman, maybe? I warned you. Also if you've ever played any of the Batman: Arkham (name here) games. |
|
I don't know about standalone but it was great... #4 SW movie for me. Loved the nods to the original movie, like Red 5 dying, leaving a job opening for Luke.
Loved the Scarif battles, both in space and on land. The SFX were stunning. I wish they'd held a couple more beats on the Star Destroyer over Jedha. The sense of scale was great. |
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter

