Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2018 6:37:53 PM EDT
I'm looking for a Shot Timer. What do you guys recommend? I was looking at the PACT Club 3. Any Pro's or Con's with it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:12:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Young-Kiwi] [#1]
Requirements..... need to start with what you want the timer for.
That will help with timer recommendations.

Want a very simple timer;
-  almost no features beyond timing. (only a countdown timer for walkthrough timing)
-  9V battery power, so unlike a rechargeable, re-powering is fast and easy. [good if you are timing a hundred or more shooters each day, every day.
-  4 buttons, makes it hard for anyone to get it wrong.
-  Simple display, hard to misread.

http://www.ruready.com/shotimer07.htm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Have had the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II for about 18mo now.  I’m pleased with it.

The CED7000 is another one I see most frequently at matches.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Pocket pro II
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
will be using it for running shooting drills so need splits and total, and eventually uspsa style shoots. I've been using a shot timer app, but it's not that great, counts reloads and slide running home as a shot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Most consumer smartphones, if not all of them these days use very sensitive silicon microphones with built in amplifier, tailored to work with speech so working with loud shots of loudness over 130db overload them thus making it very challenging to use as shot detectors. This is why sometimes on phone app same shot can be detected 10times unless you set shot dead time
to half second or so, or you can clap your hands and fire 9mm and microphone wont see a difference. Its very hard to implement shot detection on smartphone with reliably, its not impossible, but it tricky.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Pocket pro II is my recommendation too. We use them for idpa, USPSA and 3 gun. Good volume control, sensitivity to pick up shots and consistent.

I don’t have any personal experience with it but there are a lot of reviews about the pact timer having inconsistent times when run side by side with others. Look it up on YouTube to see.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Young-Kiwi] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hairymoose:
will be using it for running shooting drills so need splits and total, and eventually uspsa style shoots. I've been using a shot timer app, but it's not that great, counts reloads and slide running home as a shot.
View Quote
If it's just for you, and you intend to hold, and then shoot.
Consider this as an option. : https://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx-2 they get pretty good reviews.
Good timer with useful features like Accelerometer mode

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive had a Pocket Pro for several years, no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top