Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2014 12:21:39 PM EDT
What gas system do you run in your 3G AR?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well since my 2/3 gun guns are 7.5" 5.56 and 8" .300blk, the only one that fits
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Top choice amongst serious competitors is rifle length DGI on an 18" or 20" barrel. I have two match rifles configured this way.

For matches where a shorter rifle is an advantage (hoser matches) I have both 16" and 14.5" barrels with midlength DGI.

Anything shorter than midlength is less preferable due to harsh recoil. I have 7.5" and 12.5" SBRs that I run for fun (12.5" with suppressor for night matches), but they are definitely niche guns with severe limitations in a typical 3-Gun match situation.

Piston systems just add weight with no performance benefit for 3-Gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Rifle length piston system
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Currently running a carbine gas as I'm adapting a home defense gun to 3G and will switch out to middy  on a 16 at some point but I have a hard time noticing the difference from a carbine vs Middy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top