Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 4/21/2018 4:54:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/21/2018 6:26:54 PM EST by iwrestledabearonce]
Does anyone use this trigger for 3 gun? It's on sale for $99 and if I can save 150-180 compared to other triggers I would like that. I am building this rifle and it would be nice to spread the money over other costs of the build.

(edit: fix misspelling)
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:20:51 PM EST
For 100 bucks I think the trigger is hard to beat. I haven't used any of mine for competition but I've use one in my mk12 mod 1 style gun and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:28:56 PM EST
Yeah that was was my thinking on it. If I dont like for 3 gun I could move it another rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:52:09 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iwrestledabearonce:
Yeah that was was my thinking on it. If I dont like for 3 gun I could move it another rifle.
View Quote
The larue trigger isn't as good as the geissele I've used in another gun. Its close though and honestly I can't justify the price difference between the two. I have the larue now in 3 ar's and one sig mpx. Only thing I have a geissele in now is a scar 17.

I will say multiple friends have bought larue triggers after trying them in one of my guns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:03:38 PM EST
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:07:59 PM EST
Having used a lot of triggers, I rate some of the common ones this way.

Geissele High Speed Match>Geissele SSA-E(and B-G2S-E)>MBT>SSA(and G2S).

MBT's are great two stage triggers, they're not purpose built three gun triggers though. If you want a two stage, go for it. If you want a budget oriented 3 gun trigger, look at the B-GRF. The B-GRF feels just like the Geiselle S3G, but it's built just for Brownells and is a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:10:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

MBT's are great two stage triggers, they're not purpose built three gun triggers though. If you want a two stage, go for it. If you want a budget oriented 3 gun trigger, look at the B-GRF. The B-GRF feels just like the Geiselle S3G, but it's built just for Brownells and is a bit cheaper.
View Quote
Thanks for the info! I am not set on single or two stage trigger.. I like the way a two stage feels but my only expience with them is plinking out at the range. I already ordered the MBT but I am not oppsed to putting into another lower.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:39:24 AM EST
I shoot a lot of 3 gun, I use the Giessle 3 gun trigger. Only time I wish it was a 2 stage is shooting target past 300 yds. or real tiny targets. Neither of which you get a lot of in 3 gun.

IMO 3 gun guns need to be perfect 90% of the time, because you get so many different targets. With the oddball targets it is just do the best you can with what you have.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:42:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

View Quote
This a good information.

Most purpose-built 3 Gun triggers are single stage, but the lighter two stages do pretty well just mashing through the stages on hoser courses.

A two stage like the MBT would also give you an extra degree of safety/confidence if you are not yet comfortable with the very light single stage triggers that are very easy to accidentally bump. This mostly shows up shooting supported without a tight grip on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 6:20:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By iwrestledabearonce:
Does anyone use this trigger for 3 gun? It's on sale for $99 and if I can save 150-180 compared to other triggers I would like that. I am building this rifle and it would be nice to spread the money over other costs of the build.

(edit: fix misspelling)
View Quote
If you want a 2 stage trigger, Larue is a good one. For a cheaper alternative of 2 stage, the RRA varmint is also very serviceable for less.

If you want a single stage trigger, a baseline standard for triggers to measure by is the original JP AR Adjustable trigger for around $110. Sweet 3.5#.

Beyond that, each Kool-Aid has its own flavor and followers, pick one that fits your style of shooting rather than the opinion of many.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:53:08 AM EST
I like the super tricon and SSA-E for dynamic competitions like 2-gun and 3-gun.

The larue mbt2s is a decent trigger, it's better than a milspec trigger for sure.
Top Top