Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 12:03:41 PM EDT
One of my clubs is planning to offer monthly PCC matches beginning in January.    I don't have an AR9 so I'm in the market for one.    I've seen Palmetto has one reasonably priced.   Does anyone have any feedback on the PSA AR9s or can you recommend others?

TIA
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW - I purchased one of their AR9 rifle kits a couple of years ago. I assembled on an Anderson lower. The version of the kit I used was for Colt style 32 round magazines and it came with a magwell insert. I've read good and bad about these, but so far I've had zero issues with it.
The only thing I did was send the BCG out to have it ramped so I could use the standard AR15 hammer that was in the kit.
I put a Vortex Spitfire on it.
I've been shooting USPA and Steel Challenge matches with just a pistol, but watching the PCC guys it looks like a lot of fun. I planned on using this rifle next year for this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Aside from which mags you will like to run... there is also the choice now offered by CMMG for a delayed blow back bolt design.

I have blowback in 9mm but own their Guard in .45 ACP and I like it enoug to consider adding their 9mm as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't compete in IDPA but I do in USPSA steel challenge and "action shooting"(?? Whatever IPSC turned into)

I use a CMMG guard 8inch with my DIAS.  I can only run it in semi during the matches (as per the USPSA rules) but one day I'll make it to a subgun match..  

I use the Hyperfire Hypertouch auto trigger pack.  Switched out to an H4 buffer to increase my bolts dewell time which flattened out bullet trajectory (yes it makes a difference), switched from the factory break to a comp, and sometimes use a C-more or an Eotech.  I've run over 1k rounds between cleanings without any issues at all, have around 5k through it in total.  

And yes it takes Glock mags and has last round hold open.  It is wicked fun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MunnyShot] [#4]
I've never used a PSA PCC AR9 upper and if they're built like their 5.56 uppers you should be GTG. I have used JSE and FoxTrotMike uppers and they run great, I never had a single problem even though I don't clean them until @ 1K under some nasty dusty environments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top