Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:14:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/3/2016 11:28:34 AM EST by AzulFalcon]
Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into (serious) 3 gun again, I'm looking to upgrade from a load two set up to a load 4 setup. Right now the two caddies I'm looking at closely are the taccom double deulin' deuces or the invictus practical 2.8's.

Taccom Double Deulin Deuces

Pros: Slightly less expensive ($121 for two after adding tek lok's), adjustable

Cons: Older design, based off of reviews doesn't look as smooth as the 2.8's

Invictus Practical 2.8:

Pros: Newer design, highly adjustable, come with tek lok's, based off of reviews are very smooth, strong

Cons: More expensive ($140 for two)

This is based off of my own research. I just wanted to pick the brains of the members here and see what you are running, if you have had any experiences good/bad with these products, or if you would recommend others.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:32:17 AM EST
I have an Invictus Practical DeTurk vest. I was happy to get the weight and bulk of caddies off of my belt, but some serious competitors are using belt mounted quad load caddies so it is really a preference thing.

I had some of the older Taccom caddies at one point and didn't care for them. But he has upgraded and improved his design and many seem to like them a lot.

I can't imagine trying to shoot from some of the awkward crouched or prone positions with quad load caddies on my belt, I used to go prone on my AP Custom 4x4s and they were always rock solid but I have seen guys prone out on all manner of quad load caddies and come up missing half their shotgun shells.

If you are shooting 3-gun nation stuff that doesn't really matter, because it is a standing/moving drag race with fewer props and no long range rifle. Different gear requirements for outlaw type matches.

Same kind of thing that finally pushed me towards a holster with retention. Saw too many people go home because of a dropped pistol in a game where saving a tenth of a second on a pistol draw is of very marginal benefit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:04:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2016 8:09:02 PM EST by TACCOM3G]
ask your friends that shoot 3 gun......try out both if you can.

Tim
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:27:42 PM EST
Thanks Tim, I bought your stuff. It's off the chain, thanks for the great products.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:57:37 PM EST
What did you go with? How do you like them?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:02:38 AM EST
I used to use the AP Custom and a load-two vest. I mainly got those because of the price. I now have the Invictus Practical 2.8 and the DeTruck Vest - 8 x 24. It was a great investment. Shell stay secure. Easier to load. No cut fingers. Shells stay secure. They are well worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:11:50 AM EST
I have both, I feel the Taccom holds the shells a little better.
Top Top