Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2013 1:21:12 PM EDT
Submitted my first three Form 1's back on 11/15 & received the email stating Submitted/In Process almost immediately.  Does the status get updated during the process or does it stay in Submitted/In Process until approved?  I've seen mention of pending, is that the next step & if so roughly how long should I expect for that to happen?  I know this could take around a year, just curious what to expect in the process.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the status will not change to pending.

Expect 3-4 months for approval.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I e-filed two form 1's a couple of days earlier. I guess we'll be celebrating around the same time
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I e-filed two form 1's a couple of days earlier. I guess we'll be celebrating around the same time
View Quote

Me too. 11/12
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone take and attach a picture of an confirmation email on a pending form? I received an email that stated the tax stamp was paid on my Eform 1 but I'm unsure if this is the confirmation email or not since it really doesn't say anything is confirmed..
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Submitted my first three Form 1's back on 11/15 & received the email stating Submitted/In Process almost immediately.  Does the status get updated during the process or does it stay in Submitted/In Process until approved?  I've seen mention of pending, is that the next step & if so roughly how long should I expect for that to happen?  I know this could take around a year, just curious what to expect in the process.

Thanks
View Quote

did you submit three separate form 1s or 3 at once??  I want to submit a few myself but never have used eforms
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks GADeerrHunter. 3-4 months would be great!

Quoted:

Me too. 11/12
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. 11/12

Good luck to ya on speedy approvals

Quoted:
Can anyone take and attach a picture of an confirmation email on a pending form? I received an email that stated the tax stamp was paid on my Eform 1 but I'm unsure if this is the confirmation email or not since it really doesn't say anything is confirmed..

I can in the morning but can definitely tell you now they were separate emails to confirm payment and then another to confirm the status

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

did you submit three separate form 1s or 3 at once??  I want to submit a few myself but never have used eforms

I did three separate forms. I didn't see an option to do multiple at the same time. Nothing to it though - took me around thirty minutes total.  I used Google Chrome and didn't have a problem after figuring out the weird quirks of the site

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I put in a eForm for a can on 11/08.    

I guess we are Eskimo brothers!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I put for a SBR on 11/10 using Firefox.  The only problem I had was that my trust pdf was to big & had to break it up into multiple parts.  The 3mb size limit sucks
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I immediately received an e-mail stating that my form one was in process. Nov 12
About 7-10 days later I received an e-mail stating that my form one went pending research  Nov 15
I also received an e-mail receipt for payment  Nov 12
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I immediately received an e-mail stating that my form one was in process.
About 7-10 days later I received an e-mail stating that my form one went pending.
I also received an e-mail receipt for payment
View Quote

How long ago was this if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Added the dates above.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I immediately received an e-mail stating that my form one was in process. Nov 12
About 7-10 days later I received an e-mail stating that my form one went pending research  Nov 15
View Quote

Is Pending Research the usual next step?  Have any of you that submitted in November received anything like this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is Pending Research the usual next step?  Have any of you that submitted in November received anything like this?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

None of the 3 I've submitted online have gone "pending research". I've submitted on 11/14, 11/18, and 12/12. Upon completing the online forms, I immediately was notified of accepted payment and was notified of status of "submitted/in process". The only thing I've ever read or heard about as far as "pending research" is a Manufacturer issue. Who did you select as a manufacturer? I selected spikes tactical for all of mine (spikes happens to be a valid manufacturer in their database).  So the manufacturer was actually "validated" during the form process.  Maybe someone else can chime in.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

None of the 3 I've submitted online have gone "pending research". I've submitted on 11/14, 11/18, and 12/12. Upon completing the online forms, I immediately was notified of accepted payment and was notified of status of "submitted/in process". The only thing I've ever read or heard about as far as "pending research" is a Manufacturer issue. Who did you select as a manufacturer? I selected spikes tactical for all of mine (spikes happens to be a valid manufacturer in their database).  So the manufacturer was actually "validated" during the form process.  Maybe someone else can chime in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

OP never specified what was being Form 1'd.

In the case of a silencer, where you would put FMI as the manufacture code, the status will go to "pending research" until it is updated within a couple days to "submitted/in process" (as in my case). I'm not sure if this change is done electronically or if someone at the NFA branch does this once they look at the form.

In the case of a lower or other firearm that is being SBR'd/SBS'd that has a mfg. that the ATF is for some reason un-familiar with, the status will also say pending research until the mfg. is verified.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In the case of a silencer, where you would put FMI as the manufacture code, the status will go to "pending research" until it is updated within a couple days to "submitted/in process" (as in my case). I'm not sure if this change is done electronically or if someone at the NFA branch does this once they look at the form.

In the case of a lower or other firearm that is being SBR'd/SBS'd that has a mfg. that the ATF is for some reason un-familiar with, the status will also say pending research until the mfg. is verified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Ok that makes sense. It was three lowers from Lone Star Armory. Their info was in the drop down menu  on the eform so I guess pending research would not be necessary. Appreciate the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top