Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/23/2004 10:41:51 AM EDT
I have a friend who wants a .50.  What is the best AR .50 type upper out there?  Price is obviosly a factor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest is the Watson's Weapons upper. The next would be either Ferret50 or the ALRS depending on what options you get. Finally the UltraMag50 would be the most expensive due to the fact that it's mag-fed.

All of them are very good and accurate, the Waton's is the slowest to load. You have to shotgun the upper, unscrew the bolt, load a round on it, screw it back in and then reassemble it. All of the rest are bolt action.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ultra-Lite 50 is an upper too, right now around$1200, the Ultramag50 and the Ferrets are about the same price
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Im a complete rifle guy get a State Arms or Serbu IMO
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with AR-Sniper-15
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an ALS and I am really happy with it.

http://www.50bmg.net/

Dan
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my UltraMag 50 upper (ordered at SHOT Show) today.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (putting together my DPMS VRS single-shot lower in the morning)..hope to with iron sights this weekend or next, will scope as finances allow.  
This thing looks great.  The brake is monstrous, as is the bolt, bolt handle, and most importantly, the magazine (3rd...5rders next month,  hopefully).  Everything looks and feels great.  Can't wait to have it altogether Tuesday.......
I'll try to borrow a digital camera and post pictutres later in the week.
Sluggo
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top