Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/26/2012 8:36:56 PM EST
It was pretty cool at first. Getting good deals on ammo you had lying around. But now it is just plain annoying not being able to buy the supplies you need. I paid Brownells a week ago and they still haven't shipped my order. The gun manufacturerers are going to go into overdrive production and demand will eventually plummet, but the question is when?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:40:48 PM EST
probably in 6 months when congress says there will be no ban.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:00:57 PM EST
Agreed, extremely annoying! Kinda makes it hard to pick up some ammo to go shooting. The shelves are bare. Every caliber just a bout. My local big 5 was even sold out of .22 and Wal-mart was bare. Scored a couple hundred .45 at the LGS but their all gone and I need more
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:16:00 PM EST
Thats why the majority of us are well stocked. If you love to shoot at the range, several (ten?) k rounds in stock is a good on hand figure, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:47:44 PM EST
You know I kinda feel the same way, but to some degree there is always that stuff that was and will always be cheaper "yesterday".

Insert AKs and SKSs here
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:03:38 AM EST
We are our own worst enemies. The Dems didn't have to do a damn thing to get us in a frenzy. We still control the House people for 2 more years and there are plenty of Dems in the Senate that don't want to lose their seat in 2014. If we had a Dem controlled House and Senate like we did in 2008 I would kind of understand it, but short of completely bypassing the Constitution Obama can't do a damn thing about guns right now. It has to go through the house before it goes anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:33:39 AM EST
Every dollar spent on guns & ammo right now is like a vote and sends a clear message. Anti gunners should not worry about the NRA they should worry about the voters.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:51:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By Springer09:

This although I wouldn't say we are out of the water. Write, call, talk.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:59:31 AM EST

Sort of this. I think something will happen but I dont forsee any OMGWTFBBQ gun ban happening.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:25:42 AM EST
..but short of completely bypassing the Constitution Obama can't do a damn thing about guns right now.

You are forgetting. The supreme court has ruled that constitutionally, the government has the power to penalize you and call it a tax.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:48:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By Grudgie:
It was pretty cool at first. Getting good deals on ammo you had lying around. But now it is just plain annoying not being able to buy the supplies you need. I paid Brownells a week ago and they still haven't shipped my order. The gun manufacturerers are going to go into overdrive production and demand will eventually plummet, but the question is when?

Oh Irony, you fickle women. I guess the ones in bold felt the same way you do in italics.

Sorry, carry on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:52:02 AM EST
When the credit cards of the panicked get maxed out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:01:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 6:02:35 AM EST by kbar-04]
Maybe in a few months, maybe never. Even if nothing happens, it will probably take at least a year to get caught back up with ammo etc. You might make a profit on things you sell now but you also are gambling on being able to replace them. I wouldnt let go of something I really wanted to keep. thinking I will replace it in the future.

My take (as a former Political Science Professor..)
1. There will not be an AWB this year. There will most likely be a closure of the "gunshow loophole." An AWB will be introduced and gun people will go crazy...worse than now. It will fail unless the Repubs totally cave.

2. If the Repubs do not play ball on taxes etc, they run a chance of losing the House at midterm. This is the time I believe the Dems will push hard for an AWB. This is reality... not what you hear on extreme right or extreme left talk shows..

So I would plan accordingly..We might dodge the bullet this time but its coming...dont sell everything you have just to make some short term cash...that is unless you are going back to collecting .22 rifles and English shotguns (worthy endeavors but not quite the same as my Steyr AUG).
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:57 AM EST
Nobody thought the 1st AWB would ever be enacted. But it was. This time the tragedy is worse. We know the obvious. But the masses don't and there was never support for so called Assault Weapons even before this. People know another ban won't help but they all have fallen for the premise that there are "Assault Weapons" so we have lost part of the battle before it started. That being said I have not given up so we all should write our critters in congress anyway. Hopefully some of them still have their balls.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:32:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By Seawolf504:
We are our own worst enemies. The Dems didn't have to do a damn thing to get us in a frenzy. We still control the House people for 2 more years and there are plenty of Dems in the Senate that don't want to lose their seat in 2014. If we had a Dem controlled House and Senate like we did in 2008 I would kind of understand it, but short of completely bypassing the Constitution Obama can't do a damn thing about guns right now. It has to go through the house before it goes anywhere.

Please give us an instance where you felt confident that he cared about the Constitution.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:45:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By faldoc:
Nobody thought the 1st AWB would ever be enacted. But it was. This time the tragedy is worse. We know the obvious. But the masses don't and there was never support for so called Assault Weapons even before this. People know another ban won't help but they all have fallen for the premise that there are "Assault Weapons" so we have lost part of the battle before it started. That being said I have not given up so we all should write our critters in congress anyway. Hopefully some of them still have their balls.
T

The last time the Dems controlled the house and the senate. Despite that, a heavy price was paid by those who voted in favor of the AWB. This time we have the Sandy Hook tragedy and other shootings that might sway some Repubs...

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:58:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By kbar-04:
Originally Posted By faldoc:
T

The last time the Dems controlled the house and the senate. Despite that, a heavy price was paid by those who voted in favor of the AWB. This time we have the Sandy Hook tragedy and other shootings that might sway some Repubs...

Let's not forget that there were people here in arfcom that said there was no "housing bubble" and that there was no way Obamacare would pass either.

I see some folks folding for a bigger better deal.

Max

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:12:28 AM EST
The gun manufacturerers are going to go into overdrive production and demand will eventually plummet, but the question is when?

Not necessarily. Have you shopped for a Kel-Tec long gun?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:34:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 11:37:25 AM EST by DocGP]
Originally Posted By UncleGreg:
The gun manufacturerers are going to go into overdrive production and demand will eventually plummet, but the question is when?

Not necessarily. Have you shopped for a Kel-Tec long gun?

Forgive me, but Kel Tec certainly isn't a company that I would base my business model on.....

I have a couple of their products, but geesh......

Doc

Oh, edit to add; here are some of the better postings from our local for sale adds (Southeasttexas.com)

I have 5, 30 Rd. PMAG's for sale, Brand new still in the plastic.. the 1st $250.00 gets them. Call or text only. Thanks for looking

Selling a brand new, never fired, Bushmaster XM15-E2S ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) With EOTECH Model 512 brand new in Box. 1,000 rounds of brass cased ammo. $3,000 OBO No trades. Will not split up

7 AR-15 30 rd. magazines fully loaded with .223 / 5.56 rounds. $100.00 each

Many similar adds, those just caught my eye!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:52:49 AM EST

That is when Obama will use executive order to ban all imports of Ammo, Guns, and gun parts (No H&K, Glock, XD, Steyr, CZ guns,Tula,Barnaul, Previ Partizan and military surplus ammo; all gone with a stroke of a pen). The final nail in the coffin is when Obama replaces one conservative supreme court justice with a liberal who hates the 2nd amendment. The current price of ammo and guns may return to normal in 6 months, but the current price may become the new normal. I hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:32:04 PM EST
Do you guys really think our supreme handlers would allow a great false flag attack like the Newtown shootings to fizzle out without benefiting greatly from it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:35:27 PM EST
When people stop paying the prices it will stop. Until then it will keep going Stop buying the ammo and guns and accesseries at these prices and they should stabilize.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:01:32 PM EST
Because tacking on a pre-written rider on the fiscal cliff bail out bill wouldn't be possible, just like the '86 MG wasn't going to happen right up until it did.

Rider's on "must pass" legislation is the fast track to getting shit done that isn't popular.

Who's going to read the bill in its entirety? Like the Patriot Act for example.

Who's going to oppose a financial bail out bill that if it doesnt pass "taxes go up and the end ends ZZZOOOMMMGGG". If the Dems and anti gun Republicans want to get something passed without much of a fight, they'll tack it on and it'll sail through unopposed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:19:00 PM EST

My crystal ball says the recovery will be well along in March. It is usually pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:08:59 PM EST
..but short of completely bypassing the Constitution Obama can't do a damn thing about guns right now.

You are forgetting. The supreme court has ruled that constitutionally, the government has the power to penalize you and call it a tax.

The Congress has the power to tax, not the President.

Top Top