Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 3:37:16 AM EDT
Anybody else see this article in the recent edition of American Rifleman magazine?  Opinions?  Would this make a good general level Sniper type rifle?  The rifle is guarenteed to shoot less that 1MOA at 100yards.  They say with good ammunition.  The MSRP is $800 for the rifle(retail will be less I am sure).  There is also a scope featured in the Dope Bag section.  Combine this with good rings and I think that it would be a very usable set up. It would look less threatening looking too. I am thinking this or a Kimber Desert Warrior for the next purchase.  Yea I know.....get bothDAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything made by, or having the name Weatherby on it is guaranteed fine quality.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anything made by, or having the name Weatherby on it is guaranteed fine quality.

+ 1  ^
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a .257 weatherby made in 1951 given to me by my grandfather that still shoots under a minute with ease. It has the old 1in12 twist german made barrel so I have to shoot 117 grain bullets or less but it is still a great rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1  ^

+1 Even the jap weatherby's shot great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that I will get one for my next gun.  Is it just the bolt action or just the way they are put together that they group so well?  I have even seen Weatherby's at Walmart for the cheap(can't remember the price).  Are they just unknown or is there some dark side I should worry about.  

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The cheap one was the Vanguard. I know of no real darkside to any of them. All Weatherbys have a 1 1/2 MOA guarantee, with some, including some vanguards, having a 1 MOA or less guarantee. Many shoot 1/2" groups, with minor modifications, a good scope and a good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think that I will get one for my next gun.  Is it just the bolt action or just the way they are put together that they group so well?  I have even seen Weatherby's at Walmart for the cheap(can't remember the price).  Are they just unknown or is there some dark side I should worry about.  

DAROGUE1

It's mostly barrel quality, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

DAROGUE1

To my knowledge, they are just Howas with the Weatherby name - still good rifles, though - and a very good value.... I would agree that anything bearing the Weatherby name is more than likely going to be a fine weapon...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an UltraMark V in .300 Weatherby mag. Shooting 220 gr. bullets is rough on the shoulder but  damn accurate and fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Be sure you get a Mark V action as that bolt design is smooth as a baby's butt. Noticeable difference between the Mark V & two lug design, IMO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top