Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:37:16 AM EDT
Anybody else see this article in the recent edition of American Rifleman magazine? Opinions? Would this make a good general level Sniper type rifle? The rifle is guarenteed to shoot less that 1MOA at 100yards. They say with good ammunition. The MSRP is $800 for the rifle(retail will be less I am sure). There is also a scope featured in the Dope Bag section. Combine this with good rings and I think that it would be a very usable set up. It would look less threatening looking too. I am thinking this or a Kimber Desert Warrior for the next purchase. Yea I know.....get bothDAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:39:20 PM EDT
Anything made by, or having the name Weatherby on it is guaranteed fine quality.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Anything made by, or having the name Weatherby on it is guaranteed fine quality.

+ 1 ^
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:22:07 PM EDT
I have a .257 weatherby made in 1951 given to me by my grandfather that still shoots under a minute with ease. It has the old 1in12 twist german made barrel so I have to shoot 117 grain bullets or less but it is still a great rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:32:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:

Originally Posted By BobCole:

+ 1 ^

+1 Even the jap weatherby's shot great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:25:47 AM EDT
I think that I will get one for my next gun. Is it just the bolt action or just the way they are put together that they group so well? I have even seen Weatherby's at Walmart for the cheap(can't remember the price). Are they just unknown or is there some dark side I should worry about.

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:31:11 AM EDT
The cheap one was the Vanguard. I know of no real darkside to any of them. All Weatherbys have a 1 1/2 MOA guarantee, with some, including some vanguards, having a 1 MOA or less guarantee. Many shoot 1/2" groups, with minor modifications, a good scope and a good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:31:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By darogue1:
I think that I will get one for my next gun. Is it just the bolt action or just the way they are put together that they group so well? I have even seen Weatherby's at Walmart for the cheap(can't remember the price). Are they just unknown or is there some dark side I should worry about.

DAROGUE1

It's mostly barrel quality, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By darogue1:

DAROGUE1

To my knowledge, they are just Howas with the Weatherby name - still good rifles, though - and a very good value.... I would agree that anything bearing the Weatherby name is more than likely going to be a fine weapon...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:40 AM EDT
I have an UltraMark V in .300 Weatherby mag. Shooting 220 gr. bullets is rough on the shoulder but damn accurate and fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT
Be sure you get a Mark V action as that bolt design is smooth as a baby's butt. Noticeable difference between the Mark V & two lug design, IMO.

Top Top