Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 8:50:41 AM EST
Does anybody have one of their RPD rifles? What kind of quality does this company produce? Thanks JC
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:29:20 PM EST
jhc, I don't own any of Vector's products, but I have heard "Great" things about their FA Uzis, and the V53 (HK Clone). I've also heard that they have excellent customer service. The RPD they offer is by far the cheapest....if $1995 is cheap for a rifle, the Historic Arms RPD pushes the $3000 mark. I seriously thought about buying one, but have decided on the semi 1919 instead simply because of the history factor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:31:19 PM EST
I have one of their Uzi's and it is good stuff- nice quality, ran 110% out of the box. I don't think they have started selling the RPD yet, at least none have been shipped from what I know.

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:30:35 AM EST
I don't think I've read a negative post about a Vector produced firearm. The folks on uzitalk have nothing but good things to say about Vector. I will be picking up one of their underfolder AKs in the very near future.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:28:38 AM EST
Vector is a grade-A company, good customer service and great products at great prices. The RPD is currently on sale and looks like an awsome deal. Grab one while you can.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:43:45 AM EST
saying nothing bad about Vector, but wasn't the RPD quickly replaced by the RPK-47 & 74 as well as the PKM due to poor performance of the weapon? Manufacturer aside, I remember hearing and reading the Russians pulled it quickly from service and it replacements far and away outperformed it. Maybe someone here knows the service history of the weapon better than I do?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:30:22 AM EST
Top Top