Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 5:13:27 AM EDT
Treetop,

I remember you posting several times about some of your 10/22s and I was looking around on rimfirecentral.com the and noticed some pics of your rifles.

Anyway, I figured I'd ask you what to do because you seem very knowledgeable about everything!

I've had a lot of trouble with the new 10/22 that I bought a week ago today. It's a 22" SS model (not sure of the model number.) Anyway, it was failing to extract spent shells properly so I thoroughly cleaned everything, polished the hammer, and switched to some better ammo and now everything is great. I want to lighten the trigger pull and am wonder what the best way to do it is? Is the volquestren (sp?) target hammer the best solution to get the 2-3 lb pull? It shoots great, but would be even better with the lighter pull. Thanks for the advice....

Ian
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Ian-
Let me suggest something to you: www.ct-precision.com. This guy has been specializing in 10/22 modifications for several years and I can tell you from actual experience that his work is top flight and damn well worth the money. For $173 including return shipping he can go all of the way through the gun and rework the trigger, modify the bolt release, install an overtravel screw, reface and jewel the bolt, set back the barrel, recrown, etc. He can also provide these services one at a time if money's a factor. If you'll notice, there is a link on rimfirecentral.com to his site. I've had two 10/22s done by him and I'm getting ready to send him two more.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ian-
Let me suggest something to you: www.ct-precision.com. This guy has been specializing in 10/22 modifications for several years and I can tell you from actual experience that his work is top flight and damn well worth the money. For $173 including return shipping he can go all of the way through the gun and rework the trigger, modify the bolt release, install an overtravel screw, reface and jewel the bolt, set back the barrel, recrown, etc. He can also provide these services one at a time if money's a factor. If you'll notice, there is a link on rimfirecentral.com to his site. I've had two 10/22s done by him and I'm getting ready to send him two more.

I have a stupid question, what does it mean to jewel the bolt?

Thanks!
Ian
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]

I have a stupid question, what does it mean to jewel the bolt?

It's also known as "engine turning" and involves polishing the bolt with a drill bit type setup in a press so that a circular pattern is developed. It makes the bolt smooth and leaves a distinct pattern. Most Remington and Winchester centerfire bolt actions have it. Here's one of the 10/22s that I had CPC do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top